The Sentinels I know you didn't plan this- but it is me you left behind in a world so cruel
hämähäkki, muodonmuuttaja, satakieli
310 Posts
Ooc — KJ
Bard
Rogue
Realizing her mistake, Lotte rectified her praise: “Arturo will train you to be a warrior, yes; but you have a brave heart. A warrior’s heart.” Her heart twisted painfully at the little girl’s luminous ochre eyes and crestfallen expression, but the soot-stockinged rogue had been raised to accept duty and responsibility when she must. She was admittedly impulsive, but she was adamant about keeping her word once it was given. “If Arturo allows it, I will visit often,” she stated firmly, already assured of her welcome for Chusi’s sake if not for Arturo’s himself. The argent-eyed hoyden recalled what the Ceannasach had told her in confidence and what she, in turn, had given him in clandestine whispers and surreptitious slips of the tongue. It had been difficult for her to feign surprise at Chusi’s announcement, and unbeknownst to the girl Lotte had already prepared a cache of items for the little girl to take with her, but she felt honest incredulity at the foundling’s question. “My tongue is tied today,” she admitted, smiling kindly at the girl. “A father is a guardian to teach and care for and love his cubs, but I forgot — you call him Uncle ‘Turo. In my home pack, if a father is lost in battle, sometimes the leader of a clan becomes a toinen isä — a second father.”