Broken Boulder there are visions, there are memories
10 Posts
Ooc — Riven
All Welcome 
She roused from her sleep with vague memories of a dream; something much larger than herself stalking her in the night, growing closer and closer at a steady pace. She remembered a gigantic maw split by grinning fangs, opening wider and wider— impossibly so— and a haunting laugh as it surrounded her in darkness. The feeling of being hunted lingered as she stood and stretched, willing the grog to leave her.

It was a pleasant clearing, particularly after escaping the thick wood, if a little odd. The boulder unsettled her, for what creature could have broken and set it in such a way...? She avoided it, though it likely would have provided her some shelter, and had slept out in the open near the comfort of the babbling creek. It was there that she moved, now, to drink from the cool water and wake herself.
Ghost
I still don't get it right sometimes · I just don't get it as wrong
692 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Mediator
I was considering maturing him, but.... yeah

He was back on the lam and honestly grateful for that fact.  The last place he'd lived hadn't really agreed with him; leadership seemed to take issue with his natural proclivity towards confidence and general badassery.  Their loss, and his gain, as he was open and free to gain a home with more appreciation to what he had to offer.  Even if that home currenly consisted of himself and the open road.

Thankfully the road had plenty to offer, the latest of it's revelations being a cute little dark number he happened to catch from the corner of his eye.  He paused, turning to look, and a small grin lit across his face.  It had been a lonely while, so sue him for appreciating a pretty face. 

Not much of one to consider rejection or consequences, he let out a low whistle.  Would the stranger appreciate his obvious admiration?  Maybe, maybe not.  He was about to find out.
10 Posts
Ooc — Riven
heeheheeeeee!

At the sound of a low whistle, she lifted her head from the river to be greeted by the admiring gaze of a tawny male. While some might have been offended by his bold stare and demand for attention, Rook was not one of them-- she, too, appreciated attractive wolves and had no interest in the silly games that were often involved in courtship. Better to be straightforward, rather than waste anyone's time. "You're cute," she told him with a grin of her own, shifting her posture to show off her angles. As her eyes moved over his body, noting the dark stripe along his back, her tail lashed flirtatiously.

It had been a while, and the loneliness was wearing on her. She could look for her sister and have fun, too.
Ghost
692 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Mediator
That move had been met negatively just as often as positively, but she seemed game with it and Colt cocked a grin at her forward reply.  "Just cute?  Damn....". He usually shot for 'ruggedly handsome' personally. "You aren't so bad yourself." And she seemed to know it, no false pretenses.  Appreciated.

"That pretty face come with a name?" He asked, though his attention wasn't much on her face.  Other pretty aspects that needed attending to also.

oh lord hahahaha
10 Posts
Ooc — Riven
She raised a brow at his thinly veiled push for a stronger compliment, but the grin never left her expression, nor did she amend her words. You don't always get what you want. But it didn't seem to put the male off in any case, and she was glad. Any company was good company, and if they could mutually benefit from this encounter...

"Lyahel," she offered, "But most everyone calls me Rook." She didn't hold the same superstitions about names that her sister did, nor was she aware of how seriously Maudlin took it.
Ghost
692 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Mediator
It was a strange name, but pretty.  He couldn't talk much... hell, their entire bloodline was so bad about names every single child went by a nickname by default.  Hers was even an animal; she could almost be one of the family.

"Rook.  Fitting."  She didn't rise to the occasion and afford him more praise for his magnificence, sadly, but she was the perfect amount of interesting.  Too eager and he lost interest.  Too distant and he gave up.  He liked a chase, but only when the goal was worth it and the race was at least slightly stacked in his favor.

"You on your way somewhere, Rook, or just here for the hell of it?"  He was camp B, and hoped she was too.  Or at least not in a hurry.