Ankyra Sound Sweet dreams are made of this
I'm a Ghost of a Girl that I want to be Most
653 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Ranger
Away
All Welcome 
First scouting mission for Chusi! AW! Please, someone, come meet her. Tagging @Arturo for visibility

Arturo had told her of a companionship between Saltwinter and their nice Teaghlaigh, yet they had not heard much from them in a while. Chusi did not know these wolves, nor the way they lived, yet she felt for Arturo and his concern made her anxious as well. It was that that had made her volunteer for the job to see if they were still there - still alive, breathing and well. While he seemed hesitant to let her go on her own at first, Chusi insisted with the argument that she could do it by herself. She even went as far as to say she'd otherwise go with Cam, and that if she did not do this, what good would she later be as a leader? If she didn't know where Saltwinter was, how the world outside of Ravensblood looked like, she'd be stuck in only a small part of the world. So, after some re-assuring that she would be perfectly fine, she went on her mission all by herself and left a worried father on the border - probably remaining there until she returned. 

Chusi had been informed of the place where she had to look, and the name of it's alpha, and followed the instructions - follow the sea until she hit the border of a pack. Or, at least the hint of a border if they existed no longer. It was farther than she had expected, yet it felt great to travel bigger distances again. She had walked a lot before - and now it seemed her long, strong legs were made for it if she were not fighting. It was a cloudy day, and Chusi did not know how long it had taken her to get to the faint smell of a pack, but it had to be around mid-day.

Hello? She called out, stepping over the faint scent mark that had been Saltwinter's border. Kjalarr? She called out again, yet was getting more and more aware of the fact that they were gone. She needed proof though, and remained lingering in Ankyra Sound, looking for someone - anyone that might know what happened to Saltwinter.
I'm a Shell of a Girl that I used to know Well
**Join THE VELINGAR!**
you're going to keep my soul,
it was yours to have long ago
567 Posts
Ooc — lauren
Struck again by a need to exercise his Right of First Disobedience, Ingram crept out from Muses' watchful eye. A lone figure on the cliffs, the young wolf made his way along the rocky precipice. His progress was repeated frustrated by arching cliffs and sudden drops.

He stopped along the rough ridge of the cliff and peered down: below him the sea thundered and he saw a small eclipse of beach and sand. From his vantage he could see a sliver of beechwood trees and tall sequoias. He also saw a small beaten path of egress and made towards it by plopping carefully from rock to rock.

Finally his feet hit sand. He didn't even pause as the faint waft of markings met him; he could do whatever he wanted, consequences be damned. With his nose along the ground he started to look for any sign of a cache. He was enjoying his freedom when he heard another wolf. He froze - fuck - he thought. He had been caught. Trying to play it cool, Ingram strode towards the dark wolf as he belonged here. "Who are you?" He asked Chusi, noticing she was roughly the same age as him. Did that mean she had company? His ears pulled back in uncertainty for a moment. He didn't want adults around.
i'm gonna hold a pen
while you drag my arm across the page.
653 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Ranger
Away
Every minute here made her feel more and more useless. There was no sign of anyone here - not the smell of caches, the sight of footprints or dens that might have been used for dens. Of course, she didn't know the Saltwinter wolves slept in one big place under the ground. But even if she had known - she would still feel as if she had wasted her time. Was she even in the right place? Her brows furrowed, her ocher eyes losing their curious and happy sparkle as her fluffy tail drooped down. She hated the thought of returning home with absolutely nothing - and that is when it dawned on her. She could hunt for Arturo! She could bring him some food to make it alright - to show she cared and found it horrible that she had not found what she had been looking for. 

But that was at the same time that a peculiar, black shadow made its way down the mountain side and was later spotted by the young girl. He looked dangerous, not like Cam or even Arturo (who could be very intimidating from time to time), but that would not stop her. In fact, his dangerous appearance only pulled her closer to him. She swallowed her fear down, raising her head and tail slightly to not look scared of him. They were roughly the same size and age, the same hue of coat even, yet he looked more like a gangster draped in black while she looked more regal. 

She squinted, walking up to him and standing in front of him a safe distance away. I can ask the same for ya. She answered shortly, her nose wrinkling playfully. Ya don't smell like the the faint borders 'ere. Why should I trust ya with my name? She asked, ocher eyes looking at him rather curiously so.
**Join THE VELINGAR!**
567 Posts
Ooc — lauren
Her raise in posture was met tit for tat - he replicated her tail height with a heightening of his own, though he did not advance closer. Instead he chose to study her, sizing her up - beknownst to him, that is exactly what his mother would have done as well. Raise the stakes and bluff - and bluff - and bluff - until the enemy either thought you were crazy and retreated, or until the enemy attacked. And then you retreat, fast -- good thing long legs "coincidentally" ran in the family.

She was his antithesis; where he was black with ash interrupting his back, she was black with ash spread across her chest. She seemed well-groomed and cared for, while he seemed erratic and a mess. His yellow gaze met hers for a moment. It was not quite in challenge, but there was no fear in his bold gaze either. Why should she trust him? He shrugged his shoulders indifferently. "You shouldn't."

"But I was born here." He stated matter-of-factly. It was true; he had spent the first two months of his life here. He did not remember much beyond the familiar curve of the grotto -- but he had recognized the beach when he saw it. "Where is everyone?" He assumed she was part of Saltwinter, and that maybe they had just grown slack in their patrolling and marking.
i'm gonna hold a pen
653 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Ranger
Away
She squinted. Of course a bad boy like him would not let the ward take the more dominant stance - that would be terribly out of character for what he seemed to be. Fine - she could play this game with him. She let him have the upper paw in this conversation, as long as he did not add to her confusion of where everyone was. He did not seem like the guy to attack an innocent "little" girl, and therefore Chusi let her hackles rest in place as he seemed to take her in as well. 

She blinked, assuming he was challenging her with his yellow gaze intertwined with hers, but that was not the case, it seemed. It made her feel uncomfortable, but did not dare look away. She was not a wuss but a warrior, after all, and she'd not give him the pleasure of thinking he had won this silent battle for dominance. She raised an eyebrow at him, noticeably shocked by his words. So he though of himself as untrustworthy? What a bad thought to have about oneself. Oh. She let out softly and confused, afraid this was not the game she had started with him.

If ya were born here, how come ya don't know where 'veryone is? She asked a bit suspicious. It all seemed a shady little story - especially coming from a guy that looked like him. Anyway, I'm not from 'ere, so how should I know? She asked, raising her muzzle a little bit to look a bit taller than she was. I seek Kjalarr - you seen 'im?
**Join THE VELINGAR!**
567 Posts
Ooc — lauren
His surliness appeared to phase her slightly -- good. Ingram, while not outwardly aggressive (as was evident here) had never had great people-skills. For some odd reason, he had always liked making others uncomfortable. If they were uncomfortable, it meant they viewed him as unpredictable. And unpredictable was a wonderful thing to be.

He hadn't really meant to terrorize her, it was just his way. His gaze somewhat sharpened as she spoke, the suspicion evident in her voice. He didn't really feel like sharing his whole life story with her, as fascinating as he felt it was. "Been gone a while." He muttered, his gaze dropping slightly. She admitted she wasn't from here. Oh. Then why was she here? He was about to ask that, but he didn't want her to think he was actually interested in her. Not that he would be - girls had cooties or something.

Kjalarr. Why was that name familiar? Ingram didn't really remember much about the wolves of the sound. Other than Caiaphas. He only remembered her because his mother never failed to remind the puppies how evil that woman was. He didn't remember her being evil, but his perspective was probably biased. She always brought them food.

"No, I haven't." He answered, wondering what was next.
i'm gonna hold a pen
653 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Ranger
Away
While the male didn't seem very interested in her, Chusi was greatly interested in his story. He didn't seem like the open, kind guy like Cam, and not the wise leader her father was. For the rest she did not know many males that she saw often enough to know how they thought and acted. She just knew this guy wasn't quite right, and somehow that attracted her. Ooho, Arturo would kill her if he could read minds. She moved her head to a lower position, looking up at him to take a better look and to see how he reacted to her inspection to see if he was lying or not. She had her weird ways of judging others, and found it only fair that others could judge her for that in return. 

Why? Was the only thing she asked, still squinting. And why was he alone here? And where was his family? She had so many questions she would love to ask, but no all at the same time. Maybe that would scare him off, and surprisingly she didn't want that. I mean, it's päiväperhonen here, so why did ya leave? She specified her question some more, using a word he probably did not understand. It was Lotte's word, and at the same her own, but that was not something she wanted to talk about now. She was already sad that Lotte had yet to come visit, and speaking of her made it hurt in her chest.

Oh. She breathed out again. I am at the right place, right? Saltwinter? She asked, a little nervous. What if she had walked the wrong way? Oh boy, scouting would be nothing for her! Going the wrong way at her first mission was too embarrassing! And then she had wasted her time with him however pleasant it was. 
**Join THE VELINGAR!**
567 Posts
Ooc — lauren
omg I missed writing dickhead little teenagers.. sorry he's being a wet towel

Her change in posture caused his to slightly relent; but not softly. He was still begrudgingly holding onto some vestige of importance, and it showed in his reluctance to let his guard down. She asked him why - he didn't really want to go into details. Why did she care? Was she always this nosy?

He was about to ask that when she fired another question at him -- yeesh, her and her questions.

Pava-what?

Ingram's ears pulled forward. It was obvious he didn't know what she meant, but he was sure she knew that. Did she mean to use a word to humiliate him, as if he wasn't good enough to know it? His gaze smoldered for a moment - he didn't like it when he didn't know something the other party did.

"What the fuck is Pavaferonen? Why do you talk like that?" He fired back, caring little that he A. was swearing and B. butchered the word. He felt empowered when he swore, even if he wasn't really old enough. That was part of the appeal, naturally. As for her second question, he'd get to answering it when she explained what the fruitbat that word was. It probably wasn't even a good word, as far as Ingram was concerned.
i'm gonna hold a pen
653 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Ranger
Away
She smiled, however softly, when his stance... Well, it didn't grow less bold or arrogant, but perhaps a little more bearable. That was all she had silently asked of him, and she was impressed with the progress she was making. Perhaps he could be turned into a friend - maybe one for Cameron, since the two were so different. This was wonderful! A little chit chat nearby the sea with a random boy around her age - one might even think they were up to something the way they were talking here. 

Yes, she was very nosy, but that is what made her fun to be around. She found that her questions showed that she cared no matter what, and that her urge to learn more was great, grand and big. It was a trait she admired of herself, even though she knew it could get annoying to some. She was willing to take the risk however, but regretted asking so many questions when the handsome boy pressed his ears forward. He was almost scary like this - his eyes set ablaze by an anger Chusi did not know. She had not meant to offend or humiliate him, it was just her way of saying "beautiful".

She set a cautious step backwards as he cursed at her, and squinted. He knew the word too? Did he know the second meaning? She wanted to ask so badly, but knew it was forbidden. Then again... Arturo had only said that she should not ask anyone in Teaghlaigh. She smirked slightly. It means "butterfly" in the language of mah big sistah. She explained in a softer, sweeter voice. Now ya have to explain a word to meh. She said, pulling her head up.

I want to know the second meanin' of "fuck".
**Join THE VELINGAR!**
567 Posts
Ooc — lauren
Begrudging still, the sullen boy allowed his tail to lower. Butterfly. He knew it. The word was stupid. Chusi was lucky she was at least pretty (that and, his age - there was something compelling about meeting a girl his age that made him stay put) -- otherwise, Ingram probably would have turned around and left -- quite arrogantly at that.

Her query caused a welt of blushing red to rise to his cheeks - how was he supposed to explain that to her? How did she not know? Was she raised in an oyster shell or something? With all of these questions she asked, he was surprised she did not know everything there was to know about that word already. He couldn't let her see he was affected by such a question, so instead he went the low route: be as vulgar and conceited as possible.

"It's a swear." The little ponce explained superciliously, as if she was supposed to know such a thing. "And it's vulgar because it's when a guy sticks his dick in a girl." Oh, he hit the mark; and he was curious to see how his bluntness affected her. Ingram wasn't about to explain to her what the process was re: dick & girl, mostly because he had never done it - but he wasn't going to let her know that.
i'm gonna hold a pen
653 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Ranger
Away
Butterfly was a word Chusi was very connected with. Even her time as a tiny puppy she had spent admiring the fluttering things that often landed on flowers near the dark den. It was only normal for her to know as many other names for them, for she found them fascinating and beautiful. But, she had to say, the boy in front of her also fascinated her - and he was not like what she usually admired at all. His fur went everywhere and he looked more feral than anything, and yet Chusi did not dare look away - fearing she might miss a simple flicker of kindness in those yellow orbs. 

With big, hopeful eyes did she look up at him, wondering if he might say the same as Arturo. Or what if he didn't know at all? What if he used it just for cursing, like Arturo and Hadraniel? He didn't say anything for a moment, and she felt weirdly amused by the fact she had just asked the exact question she was not allowed to ask. It felt rebellious - dangerous even, much like him.

W-what? She breathed out, her eyes opening even more in a sudden display of shock. She took a step back, blinked to get some sand out of her eyes, and then looked back at the boy. I-I mean, where would ya even put it? Why? What does anyone have to gain from doing that?! She asked fast, and almost knew that he would not be answering all her questions. That didn't seem like his style - but shutting up was not hers either, so they just had to deal with it.
**Join THE VELINGAR!**
567 Posts
Ooc — lauren
Like some wickedly knotched arrow, his statement hit home with impact: Ingram felt pleased by the success. He watched as she took a step back as if fumbling. It was exactly the reaction he had hoped for.

He hadn't really hoped for the next siege of questions, which fell down upon him like a barrage. Good god, did she ever stop? Ingram wondered uncharitably, bemused by the sudden thought that maybe she was alone because her caretakers had tired of her perpetual and interminable questions.

"It's an adult thing." He answered simply, with a tone that suggest finalty. Not that she was likely to heed it, being so full of curiosity and all. "So.. what's your name?"
i'm gonna hold a pen
653 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Ranger
Away
Chusi was not just shocked that a guy her age apparently knew all about fucking, but that Arturo had been so secretive with it all. It didn't sound so bad - weird, but not bad. She straightened herself, taking her place back a little closer to the boy, her fluffy tail swaying softly in the cold breeze that stroke over the beach and Ankyra Sound almost constantly. Luckily Teaghlaigh was against a mountain, and that blocked most of the wind. She couldn't imagine being at the beach when it was even colder - not that she knew what winter was just yet. She was born in spring, and snow had not been present when she had left the den for the first few times. 

While it was true that not everyone liked her constant questions, there were many who did not mind. The boy was not one of them, it seemed. He avoided her questions with a statement she was already aware of, and she squinted. What if he just didn't know the answers to her questions? That he was trying to make himself look smarter? 

Do ya know, or do ya not know the answers? She questioned him. To her surprise he also asked a question - one far more casual than the ones she had been asking. So he was interested. Fearghal - Chusi Fearghal. She announced, her head tipping up proudly. She may have avoided the question of her identity before, but she felt that ,although she did not fully trust the boy, she would still be safe with him knowing her name. And ya'r name? She asked, wondering if he was willing to answer that question.
**Join THE VELINGAR!**
567 Posts
Ooc — lauren
Was he trying to make himself look smarter? Absolutely. The boy waved his tail in a gesture not unlike a throwing up of hands; this girl and her interminable questions!

"Of course I know." He fired back hotly. A lie. He didn't really. He just didn't want to admit it. And he wasn't about to admit it - even the perception of perceived knowledge could be a powerful thing, if used correctly. Ingram was still clumsy with manipulation, and his lie would probably fall short.

"I'm Ingram." He wanted to give her a second name, but he wasn't sure what his was. His mother hadn't really talked too much about their family, or maybe it was that he had never bothered to listen. And now it seemed important -- damn.

He started to move - at first towards her. He wasn't about to walk into her, so curved his body around and made for the smooth lining of the wave-washed sand. Would she follow him? Who knew?  "Why are you alone?"
i'm gonna hold a pen
653 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Ranger
Away
She squinted at him. Did he really know now? A tiny smirk appeared on her young face. Why don't ya tell meh then? She asked in a sweet voice, not believing he truly knew. Only with evidence that he knew what the hell he was talking about would she believe him, and so far he had not answered even one of her questions about "fucking". Too bad he might be a liar - Chusi didn't like liars, not even if they were cute.

Ingram, how strange. She supposed every name was a little strange in it's own way, but "Ingram" sounded very unusual. Was he lying about this too? Or was this really his name? Fuck- she did not like being confused.

Her eyes opened suddenly as he started to walk, feeling her hackles prickling in her neck as he came closer. The fuck was his problem? She felt herself strangely disappointed when he went past her and her eyes followed his every move as she turned around. I told ya. She said, hurrying to not be left behind. I'm searchin' for Kjalarr - for Saltwinter. Not even with this boy around had she forgotten her true reason for being here. What about ya? She asked. She felt it only fair that she knew just as much about him as he of her.
**Join THE VELINGAR!**
567 Posts
Ooc — lauren
How could he be so stupid? Ingram blushed, immediately embarassed by his lack of both articulation and rentention. He had wanted to know why she was alone - again with that Kjalarr stuff. The name brought back a memory, for a moment; was Kjalarr white?

Ingram's expression darkened as a scowl slipped over his countenance. "I know that, but why are you not with someone? Don't you have a mom, or a babysitter or something?" He mumbled, his gaze somewhat averted. "I'm here with a friend. We're traveling."
i'm gonna hold a pen
653 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Ranger
Away
She squinted again. She knew it. So ya don't - kaykay. She shrugged, a small smirk resting softly on her girly features. She was glad she was not naive enough to believe Ingram, and somewhat disappointed. She had ranked him higher than so obviously lying about knowing things, even though it was clear for all to see he was not one to be trusted blindly. Perhaps smartness and wit would come with age, but around that time she'd be grown too. Would they be able to see each other again after this?

She did not care about his scowl and was not fazed by his rather aggressive mood swings. It actually sort of amused her - made him more dangerous to be around, and she was all for the thrills of life. Do I look like som'one that needs guidance, hm? She replied, giving a sassy flick of her tail as she followed wherever he went. I only have Arturo and my Teaghlaigh. She added honestly.

Where are yar parents? She asked him with a frown, rather concerned. Was he only with his friend? How did they get by without others? Where were they going? Far? Could he come with her? 
**Join THE VELINGAR!**
567 Posts
Ooc — lauren
He had been caught -- with a skulk to his posture the teen rolled his shoulders sulkily. He didn't really want to continue down the path their conversation was going, and so easily, converted when Chusi replied. He snickered unkindly at her question - it was more of a scoff than anything -- and he was prepared to follow it up with a snarky trademark teenaged-witticism when her second statement stopped him. More weird, unpronouncable, unknown words. He scowled and looked at her pointedly as if she was doing it on purpose.

Maybe she was.

"Yeah, you do." He shot back, incensed she had used another word he didn't know. But he couldn't leave it, and restly he spoke again: "What's an Arturo? And a Teegley?" He pressed, wondering if either were anything more interesting than 'butterfly'. "I don't know where my parents are, and I don't need them." He replied heatedly, and had he arms he would have crossed them insistently across his chest.
i'm gonna hold a pen
653 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Ranger
Away
Hell yeah had he been busted. He could pretend that it didn't bother him in the slightest, but that did not take Chusi's pride. Perhaps if she had been younger, she would've not been able to see through his lies - that had now gotten back at him. Still, she would not rub it in. She was better than that. She squinted angrily at him when he seemed to be mocking her. She was not very pleased with him acting like he was even a tiny bit better than her.

Well, I don't. She informed bitterly. If anything, he should be kept in check by a caretaker or his family. He lied and was rude, probably never learned any manners. Chusi had - she was her father's heir, after all. It was expected of her. Arturo is mah adoptive father. She answered honestly, raising an eyebrow when he didn't even understand a name. It wasn't rocket science - he was just called that. And Teaghlaigh means Family. She informed, not revealing it was a pack instead of her real family. Well, they were her real family at heart, but not with blood.

'Dun't have any parents either. She said, somewhat glad they had something in common. Didn't need 'em either. Mah Teaghlaigh watches out fur meh now.
**Join THE VELINGAR!**
567 Posts
Ooc — lauren
Ingram fired back a hot glare, feeling riled up by her huffy reply. If she wanted to engage in a "Who-Could-Be-The-Biggest-Churlish-Dickhead", she would not win. Not by a long mile.

He eyed her out of the corner of his eye, refusing to give her the flattering satisfaction of looking full upon her. At least she had answered his question: he did not catch that she was not being entirely honest either. It would not have bothered him that she was being deliberately obscure, but it would have bothered him to not know what 'Teaghlaigh' was.

Family. Overrated, stupid family. He scoffed and rolled his eyes. Then he had the good sense to say something completely and utterly stupid: "Bet they didn't need you either."

It was a low blow and he almost regretted it immediately -- but he was a man to stick to his guns, however ostensible. Part of it was just him projecting - he was hurt that he had been lost and Lusca had not tried to reclaim him (his version of the story, not hers) and he was hurt that Wylla and Lycaon had not found him either - and it spilled over, out of context and unbidden, in the way he interacted with Chusi.
i'm gonna hold a pen
653 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Ranger
Away
She did not only want to beat him at being more mature, she wanted to beat him at anything and everything to prove she was worthy of... What did she want from him? He was handsome, and their personalities clashed so beautifully, but what did he truly have to offer her besides his lies and filthy expressions? Was this just a way to disobey her loving father again? Had she hurt? She should've stopped conversing with Ingram when she still had the chance, but she was too far in now. She wanted his heart and trust now, even if their paths did split at the end. 

She grumbled softly when he did not thank her with a nod or at least something for the information she had shared. He was so mean, why was she attracted to him? Perhaps it was the hope she could better him - school him and teach him how great it was to have someone to catch you if you were to stumble and fall. She herself had had a rough past, yet she had ended up happier than most - perhaps because she had a greater appreciation for all she did have. She had a home, Arturo, Lotte, Szymon and Darky plus all her friends at all three packs she had called home once. So much she had traveled and hurt, but those memories taught her how to be strong.

Her ocher eyes widened at his words as she choked slightly. Silent tears welled up in the corners of her eyes, but she did not dare cry in front of him. She swallowed. How dare he say something like that?! That he was fucking unhappy with his life was not her problem - and not a reason for him to throw it all at her. They didn't. She spat his way. 

No one 'll ever think they need meh - buht I'll still be 'ere, waitin' for if somethin' goes wrong 'n I am needed. She grumbled proudly, head raising as the words rolled off her tongue like the clouds rolled across the sky. He could not hurt her, for she had been hurt far too much. She had become almost numb to mental pain, or at least very good at masking she was hurting.
**Join THE VELINGAR!**
567 Posts
Ooc — lauren
He kept his gaze away from her, keeping her face within his peripherals as he awaited his lanced words to land. And land they did, like some cruelly twisting spear -- almost immediately Ingram regretted the action, though it was too late to take it back now. He did not know why he was compelled to be so mean or arrogant -- maybe it was him. Maybe it was just him trying to find order in his very unorderly, fucked up life.

Even out of the corner of his eye he could see he had affected her, and for a moment he dwelled on the sharpness in which she returned his vitriol. In that moment he wanted to say he was sorry, but he got too caught up in his stupid pride. It wasn't her fault, she was just caught in the galestorm that was his emotions - and Ingram was a Very Repressed Boy.

"Whatever." He spat back, not liking that he had no cutting riposte for her openly laid report: she was too honest, too good, too everything -- and he could not fight it.

Not fairly, anyway.
i'm gonna hold a pen
653 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Ranger
Away
Chusi was a forgiving soul, somewhat, and perhaps if the boy had excused his behavior she would've been alright with the hurtful comment. If only she knew the reason behind his demeanor - his ways of thinking - she would maybe even sympathize with him. But she didn't know. He didn't tell much, and for a curious being like her, it was kind of irritating. Still, she wanted to hang around him more, even if he did hurt her feelings every now and then, to get to know him better. He was handsome, alone and still not happy. He had so much going for him - if only she could show him.

A little smirk of pride mixed with sadness appeared on her pretty face when he didn't seem to have a comeback. Good. That was what she had hoped for. Ingram, ya're very rude. She said, normally with no mean intentions. 'n I wanna know too much. She admitted. P'rhaps we could both benefit from talkin' to a profession'l. She said - hoping, praying he would take no offense to her words.

'n who knows us bettah than us? She followed. So, c'me on, ask yarself why ya're so rude 'n I'll ask myself why I wanna know stuff. she nodded, slowing down her pace and hoping he would do so as well. If he did not, she would quickly catch up again. Chusi, why ya wanna know so much? She asked the sky, as if she was addressing a higher being. Bec's the world intrigues meh, 'n if I don't know everythang, I'll nevah be prepared for everythang. I won't be able to prot'ct the ones I care about.
**Join THE VELINGAR!**
567 Posts
Ooc — lauren
Ingram didn't feel being rude was a flaw - at least not, the way he viewed being a 'Chusi' was a flaw. He bristled somewhat as she called him out on his game: of course he was rude -- she had asked one too many questions and well, he kind of was a pretentious prick.

He watched her with narrowed eyes as she canted her slender head up to the sky as if to ask the clouds why she wanted to know so much. He knew the answer, and could answer for them: 'cause she was annoying. But he didn't say it - not because he didn't want to, but because he knew if he did, he wouldn't have a second comeback when she threw her too-transparent, too-honest retort in his court.

"Okay." He answered as if he was playing along: but he wasn't. "Ingram, why you gotta be-- oh wait. I don't remember..." He looked at her with a head tilted to the side as if struggling to recall: "I don't remember asking you?" Inward goal of being a massive dick: ACHIEVED!
i'm gonna hold a pen
653 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Ranger
Away
If one was negative to everyone and everything in life, they'd be treated the same way. Surely he only had himself with being rude, but Chusi felt for him. She could've turned out just like him - bitter from all that life had thrown at her - but she had found a better option. She would do the best she could to better her life and that of others, and that included the rude boy walking next to her. She believed she could better him and his ways, even if he didn't want her to.

Chusi knew she could be annoying, but also knew that with every new question answered, she needed to know a little less. She was already learning many things, and she thought that if she all asked it now, she would not need to ask questions later in life and come over as just plain dumb. She didn't expect anyone to understand her ways, though she definitely wished Ingram could.

She smiled when it seemed he was okay with her little game, actually surprised it was this easy to get him talking. It all started out good, but then her heart sank. Of course it wouldn't be this easy. She didn't understand his comment though. She sighed deeply. Ya didn't ask me what? She asked, trying to sound nice. She almost felt like he was a lost cause, but that would not stop her. Ingram... I'm tryin' to be yar friend 'ere.
**Join THE VELINGAR!**