Ankyra Sound Sweet dreams are made of this
you're going to keep my soul,
it was yours to have long ago
567 Posts
Ooc — lauren
I've decided that Chusi is the wolf-equivalent of Lyra Belacqua. I was trying to ping my mind and remember who she reminded me of! Love it :)

Ingram expected his wit to hit her like the trusted end of an arrow -- but instead, it flew right over her head. He pulled his long ears back and scowled deeply at her. It was an expression that welted his features and lent him the most unbecoming of expressions.

His churlish grimace lifted when she mentioned the word 'friend'. Ingram had never had friends - unless you counted Muses, who was more of a traveling companion.. and while he sort of liked her, he viewed her more like an aunt or maybe an older sister. Lycaon and Wylla were siblings, not friends, and had always made sure to remind him of the cruel capital being siblings entailed.. and well.. there wasn't really anyone else.

He shifted and rolled his shoulders. "Forget it," He sighed, deciding her moral integrity was too thickly shielded to be impugned by his high wit. In the same way Chusi might have viewed Ingram as a lost cause, he viewed rebuking her incessant stream of questions as sort of a vain undertaking, or some war of attrition he would not win.
i'm gonna hold a pen
while you drag my arm across the page.
I'm a Ghost of a Girl that I want to be Most
653 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Ranger
Away
omg, it's been so long since I've seen the Golden Compass >_<

While often very bright, one could not expect a little girl to understand everything. His comment had made no sense in her head, yet his scowl told her he had definitely meant something with it. What had he not asked? Her opinion? Well, these were free lands, and Chusi felt she could just voice every little, honest thought in her mind. If Ingram had a problem with this, she could not imagine them getting along well - even though she dearly wanted them too. Not only to say she had a friend her age, but to better the life of this seemingly broken, young boy.

No, I won't forget i'. She said stubbornly. No one but Teaghlaigh could tell her what to do. Just as I know ya won't forget meh. She said with a tiny smirk. Not often did they forget the little butterfly, and she knew this. She was admirably annoying, and she found that all alright.
I'm a Shell of a Girl that I used to know Well
**Join THE VELINGAR!**
567 Posts
Ooc — lauren
I haven't seen the movie!!! I read all the books though. They were great!

Ingram didn't like that she was right, and he scoffed loudly at her bold claim that she would not be forgotten. She could believe whatever she wanted, he liked to think -- but he wasn't about to give her the pleasure of admitting she might possibly be right.

He flicked his tail over his hips and strode off. "We'll see." He said, strutting confidently away. He paused and for a moment appeared disoriented, like he had forgotten where he was going. "Wait.. what's your name again?" He asked, a smirk spread clear across his muzzle.
i'm gonna hold a pen
653 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Ranger
Away
She did not mind his scoffs, nor did she mind he did not like to give in. She knew she was right as always and felt satisfied with just knowing that. She did not need the confirmation of a stupid, little boy to feel satisfied with anything. If anything, he could get more from her than the other way around.

She watched him strode off as she kept walking in the same tempo, not feeling like chasing after him. He knew what he would be losing if he left her here alone. She'd just go back home, give them the information, and start planning for her little trip to Blackrock and Donnelaith. Ya can't prove meh wrong like tha', Ingram. She called after him, his smirk revealing more than enough. Chusi was not be messed with, and she threw her head and tail up with grace, eyes closed very regally as she stopped walking.

Goodbye, not friend. She called after him, giving him one last chance to make up his mind.
**Join THE VELINGAR!**
567 Posts
Ooc — lauren
It was tempting to fall back, and turn around -- but Ingram had already set his ship in motion, and his pride was too obstinate to surmount. He had a game to win, a reputation to uphold -- even if he liked Chusi's attention and presence, he would never admit it.

He rolled his shoulders roguishly as she called back; it was all he could do to ignore the taunt. "Byyeeeeee." He rejoined, waving his tail as if he dismissing her. He continued trotting away but his victory was short-lived. Soon he felt lonely, and kind of regretted being such a troll to Chusi.
i'm gonna hold a pen
653 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Ranger
Away
While following him was an option, she did not want to come over as desperate. And she really wasn't - she had wanted to help, but it seemed not everyone could be saved. He was cursed to wallow in his own anger and loneliness, not accepting of friends. She shrugged as he left, waving her own fluffy tail in another tiny goodbye.

At least she could go report to her father now - the saltwinter wolves were gone, and Kjalarr was no where to be found. The borders were faint, so they didn't leave that long ago, but they were no longer and that was all she had been asked to find out. With one last glance at Ingram, she sped up her pace, trotting back home safely to report to @Arturo .

Tagging for reference and visibility :p I'll archive :D
**Join THE VELINGAR!**