Sleeping Dragon 808s & heartbreak
gubraithian fire
3,000 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Trapper
Master Ambassador
Master Ranger
She had anticipated a positive response, though Freyja's exuberant declaration was as delightful as it was surprising. Wildfire found herself managing another smile, albeit a small one. Moving the muscles in her face really made her bruised eye socket ache, so she let it fall after another moment. But what was visible of her warm chestnut eyes definitely still danced.

"I'll be sure to run it past her the next time I see her," the Bandrona promised. "I'm sure she'll be back soon." Thuringwethil probably didn't like leaving her invalid mate here but she was the commander and life wasn't about to stop just because Wildfire was hurt. She did drop in as often as she could, though.

Despite their mutual excitement, a yawn forced Wildfire's jaws to split, her cheek twinging. "I think I'm going to try to get some rest," she said a little regretfully to the Feisripa. "I promise I'll eat this as soon as I wake up," she added, glancing at the squirrel the girl had brought, "and ask Thur if you can be the pups' godmother." She couldn't imagine her mate having a problem with it but the pups neither belonged to Wildfire nor Thuringwethil alone; they would be theirs, together, and so they should make all decisions about them as a team.
these violent delights
551 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Tracker
Just as quickly as her excitement had peaked, it crashed as she regained a hold of her own senses. Her shaking subsided with the promise of asking Thuringwethil and as she stilled she nodded her head. Though she was not certain that the Heda would accept her as a godparent, the child could only be optimistic on the matter.

When Wildfire yawned, Freyja gave the leader a onceover before returning her gaze to the leaders face as she spoke. Nodding in agreement to what was said, Freyja picked herself up, wishing to depart with an embrace but resisting the urge. “Feel better,” she offered kindly with a dip of her head. Turning from the leader, Freyja made her exit back into the territory where she would make a special case to be more diligent in her hunting efforts. If there was going to be small mouths to feed, Freyja would ensure that their mother, and the rest of their pack for that matter, would be well fed.
gubraithian fire
3,000 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Trapper
Master Ambassador
Master Ranger
"Thank you, Frey," Wildfire replied as the youth made her exit, then added, "See you later." She peered fondly in the Feisripa's direction as she backed out of the den and left, then shifted a little—not without a slight pained whine—and let her chin sink to the floor. She was out within minutes.

She roused to find Thuringwethil beside her, warm and soft. "Hey," she murmured sleepily, lifting her head. After greeting her mate, Wildfire turned to the squirrel the Feisripa had brought her and gently dragged it toward herself. She split it into two halves, pushing the lion's share toward the commander. She wasn't that hungry but she knew she must eat in order to recuperate.

Over their meal, the Bandrona mentioned her idea to Thuringwethil, explaining a godparent's traditional role and how she intended to use it for Freyja. It was more a title of honor, a figurehead, than anything else. When the Heda didn't seem opposed to the idea, Wildfire let slip that she'd already mentioned it to Freyja and how excited she had been about it. She grinned sheepishly when the commander agreed to it and vowed to tell Freyja as soon as she saw her again.