Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
All Welcome 
AW! :3 Tags are for visibility!

After Amber asked of her to go to her old pack Valette didn't hesitate much. The female knew that Steady was around for the young and that she could leave for a week or so. She hoped to do it in a faster time. She let @Steady know when she left, also she told @Keoni and @Nikai she would be away for a week and that Steady would be there for them but @Amber too. With that all settled the female could leave with ease.

The ranger wanted to take her normal route over the mountain range but seeing that she had clear instructions from Amber she followed those. On the side of the mountains the territory didn't look so pleasant with all those spiders and their webs, so she decided to go over this part of the mountain range. She did not know the name but she did notice that there were a lot of prey on these hills. Curiously enough... Maybe there was someone around that could tell her about this territory.
a line from a song
257 Posts
Ooc —
She had been so stealthy , following Valette since she had left the borders, a determined and absolutely stubborn shadow. there was no way Valette would be leaving them, at least, not without her. she too wants to see what lay beyond the borders, and without telling anyone of her intentions-not even Nikai- she had set off and followed her mentor.

but tiredness weighed her clumsy steps, and it wasn't long before she skidded down a short incline with a gasp, setting rocks falling down the rockface, resond in dully against the snow. until then, she had been following Valette steps to the best of her ability, placing her tiny paws inside the bigger tracks left by the huntress. but now a trail branched of clumsily from the main trail as the girl scuttled behind a tumble of rocks,  not at all wanting to be found.
Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Anyone still welcome! :D

Valette stopped walking when she heard something behind her. she turned and saw how a rock was tumbling down a mountain and there were some marks there too. The dark colored female fully turned and sniffed the air. Maybe it was a fox that followed her, hoping for an easy meal when she made a kill. The snow was excellent for tracking.

The female stepped closer and studied the marks. Wolf? Small wolf? She sniffed the tracks and then turned to the few rocks where the paw prints went. Valette huffed, now sniffing the air more. "Keoni?," she let out, slightly shocked. She was determined to find the girl now. Her heart beating fast in panic because of the pup being all the way from their home. "Keoni! What are you doing here?," she let out in surprise.
a line from a song
257 Posts
Ooc —
At Valette's first cry, her ears flattened against her skull. Maybe, she would find herself mistaken, and simply continue onward. But then her voice breached the silence once more, and Keoni nervously stood and shuffled out from behind her hiding place. Ears were flattened against her skull as she stood sheepishly a moment, then called out. "I-I'm sorry Ette! But I want come too! I don't want you to go!" She called, voice small as she remained were she was, planting her butt in the snow.
Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
The pup looked so guilty when she confronted her. Valette sat down in front of the pup. Her words were really sweet but not really a convenient thing right now. "Steady will be so worried," she let out, thinking out loud. She would have to bring Keoni back home. That would give her a bit of a delay.

"Keoni. I have to go. I will travel far away, but I will return. I promise I will drag my butt home no matter the costs. You don't have to be scared to lose me," Valette spoke softly. Frankly she wasn't even that mad. She licked over the top of her head. "It can be dangerous for young wolves to be outside of the pack lands. We can go explore when you are bigger if you like that. I can teach you about being a scout," she offered.
a line from a song
257 Posts
Ooc —
Her ears clamped against her skull as Valette spoke, feeling very much guilty.  Her paws urged to to travel and roam and explore, and the potential loss of Valette had motivated her to follow. For all thoughts and purposes, the woman was very much her mother in the way that Steady was her father, and she thought no different. Witchhazel had been forgotten, as had been her mother, no more than shadows in her mind. There was merely Valette and Steady and Nikai and the friends that were those of Easthollow, and no other. And she could not bear any of them leaving. 

Even thiugh Valette's suggestion had her ears perk, sadness still reigned as the forefront of expression. "But...Ill miss you." She said, but it occurred to her quickly following that should she accompany her, she would miss the rest of her family. She sighed heavily, asking then, "Will you be gone long?"
Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Valette's heart melted a bit when Keoni said that. "I will miss you too, sweety," she spoke with an endearing smile. She nudged her cheek. "I hope to be back as soon as possible. Seven nights of sleeping, a week," she told the other. Hopefully she would make that estimate. She was not sure if the pup could already tell the time of things. Maybe the nights of sleeping would help.

"Amber asked to send a message to her old pack. I promised her to go. Amber has babies now so she can't go herself. You can play with them, and Amber will watch you too. Nikai can also show you how to sled. It is very fun," she gave all these suggestions to the pup. Hopefully she would grow excited about doing these things. "And when I come back I will probably be hungry. So hungry I could a whole mouse!," she spoke, hoping to give Keoni even more ideas.
a line from a song
257 Posts
Ooc —
"a week!" she exclaimed, adding a huff to her cry. That seemed like an ear to the girl, for a day was so long and filled with so many things, and seven whole ones without Valette would hardly be any fun, she reckoned. But she fell silent as Valette explained, deflating slightly as she did so.  

the fact that Valette gave her ideas for things to do while she was away helped, and already she wanted to know what sledding was. "okay, mama " She agreed softly, the fact that this was the first time she had addressed Valette as such flying over her head.  It simply felt only natural.
Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Valette was walking with Keoni and it was cute to see how she was so upset about the week without her. It was heartwarming for Valette. She just wanted to cuddle with the pup and tell her that it was going to be alright. Her ideas did help Keoni it seemed, however what she didn't expect was that the pup called her mamma. Valette quirked up her lips in surprise. She already felt bit like her mother but now the pup only confirmed it. She gave her a lick over her cheek. "You are such a good girl Keoni," she spoke to her.

Valette felt more mature now, especially after Keoni calling her mamma. The female nudged her lovingly and kept the same pace back home. She really needed to bring her back before setting out again to bring Amber's message.

Fade after your post?
a line from a song
257 Posts
Ooc —
She offered a smile at Valette's words, pressing her head against her chest affectionately. She followed as Valette led the way home, sure to ask many questions and tell Valette if her many hunting exploits as they went back the way they had come.