Blackfeather Woods wizard & glass
killing is the most natural thing in the world; we're created for it
651 Posts
Ooc — ebony
All Welcome 
[table width=55%][tr][td]
vuk's sleep had been disturbed as of late with unsettling images, shadows that flitted to and fro, and giant maws that gaped to reveal teeth the length of her body. alongside terich-mir she came awake, and slipped from the den to walk the cold earth beneath the swell of the pregnant moon. its glow lit her fur as the woman moved, and the thought of raas came to her mind. had the god of larksong chosen her all the same, despite her rejection of both hiram and his beliefs?
the thought gave her pause; vuk shivered in the gently falling snow, but paused her steps all the same. upon the heels of her musings about raas came the image of hiram's face, and for once she allowed it to occur. pain touched her expression and vuk pressed on, feeling the sting of the knowledge that her life had been dedicated to others in its entirety.
she would end this.
in the cold glow of the gravid moon, the she-wolf whispered an oath to her own soul, and felt the beginnings of knifepoints beginning to stir within her.[/tr][/td][/table]
mouthed words | thoughts
[Image: bfw2.png]
valar morghulis
319 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Warrior
Hope you don't mind me! We haven't had a thread in ages.

More often than not, Atshen found himself lurking under the pale light of the moon. He was careful not to do this too often, as not to wake his parents or siblings, but he did take advantage when he could. This particular night was one of those opportune moments.

He slithered within the tangle of trees effortlessly as his embar-like eyes shone in the dim light. Though he had no particular destination in mind, as he never really did, Atshen soon came across the one who had often peaked his attention: Vuk. Her weakness was often a topic of conversation and the child was intrigued by her. Hoping that she would not catch sight of him, he remained well hidden as he stalked a few paces behind her.

651 Posts
Ooc — ebony
not at all!! it's been 5EVA

the wolf sensed the presence of another, but when she turned to look, vuk saw nothing. she continued at her leisurely place, deciding in that moment to take to the borders for a routine patrol. the scents of the gathered blackfeather wolves entered her senses, and while she did not place marks of her own, vuk scuffed at the frozen earth here and there to add her own fragrance from below her paws, and rubbed her ruff against the borders to intensify the aroma of the leaders upon herself.
thus satisified and unwilling to return to her den yet, vuk broke into a lope along the nocturnal trail of some small beast.[/tr][/td][/table]
mouthed words | thoughts
valar morghulis
319 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Warrior
GIRL TRU.

To the best of the raven-haired child’s abilities, he remained silent as he stalked through the night. Doing his best to observe what she was doing, after some time he was finding himself remarkably bored with her endeavors. It was as she began flocked from the borderlines that Atshen began to turn tail. As he moved to flee, the child stepped heavily onto a particularly icy patch of snow. This step sounded loudly, the noise streaking through the dreary night, and as this happened, Atshen’s ears lowered and he froze. Hoping that she had miraculously not caught the noise, Atshen looked over his shoulder to look at Vuk, his eyes wide as he held his breath.
651 Posts
Ooc — ebony
vuk's ears flicked forward at a grating sound in the shadows ahead, and this time when she searched, her turquoise eyes beheld a child standing not far beyond her. he was darkfurred, with lava-hued eyes. her maternal heart spoke, and she smiled at the pup, but vuk did no more than that. another time and she might have engaged him in a motherly voice, sought to find the names of his parents, but the tyro merely regarded the child silently, leveling a neutral gaze upon him.
"hunt w-with me," vuk murmured, before turning away and moving into the darkness. if he followed; if he did not, vuk pretended not to care, but in truth she was rather worried as to why he was racing about at night alone.[/tr][/td][/table]
mouthed words | thoughts
valar morghulis
319 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Warrior
He was spotted. Feeling his heart sink as her ocean-like eyes turned to him, Atshen remained where he was and stared back. Soon enough the other spoke, in way of an invitation no less, but Atshen wasn’t falling for it. He frowned to her words and shook his head before watching her turn from him.

“No,” he replied evenly, calling after her retreating form.

651 Posts
Ooc — ebony
he was a defiant little thing. vuk's auds fanned backward and she paused to glance over her shoulder at the child. "s-suit y-yourself," the tyro murmured, even as she turned to face the pup again. "b-but i am n-not h-hunting m-meat." vuk winked then; the gesture was unfamiliar and surely quite awkward, but she stood quietly and wondered if he would ask her what it was she chased in the darkness.[/tr][/td][/table]
mouthed words | thoughts
valar morghulis
319 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Warrior
Despite her lowly stammer, there was something to her words that enticed him further as she spoke. Freezing, Atshen looked to her curiously and drew forward a step. “Meat is the only thing that can be hunted,” he reminded her, his tone hiding the flame she had ignited in him. Despite his curiosity, the child would try his hardest to not show interest.

651 Posts
Ooc — ebony
she'd gotten the boy's attention. vuk smirked, for she sensed below his need to educate her there still was a child's curiosity. "wrong," the she-wolf murmured, glancing around them as if searching for some unseen thing. "i am l-looking f-for m-my tongue," vuk whispered as she drew closer to the boy, her turquoise eyes meeting his own hot gaze. "i h-have t-the w-wrong one in m-my mouth. that is w-why i c-cannot t-talk p-properly."[/tr][/td][/table]
mouthed words | thoughts
valar morghulis
319 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Warrior
Wrong. This sentiment struck Atshen and his eyes narrowed to this. Keeping his ground in her approach, he watched on as she neared and disclosed some rather disturbing information. Though his attention peaked, Atshen still doubted her words. “That’s not possible,” he corrected once more and despite his disbelief, he still felt drawn to this peculiar wolf and the tale of her tangled tongue.

651 Posts
Ooc — ebony
he was quite insistent in how wrong she was; vuk looked at the child pointedly and for a long, silent moment. "h-how do you k-know?" the she-wolf asked gravely of the boy. after all, it had been her tongue that had been taken, so how could he speak with such confidence when he had the correctly-fitting part in his own mouth?[/tr][/td][/table]
mouthed words | thoughts
valar morghulis
319 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Warrior
To be totally honest, Atshen did not know. He did not know how one lost a tongue, nor did he know if that was even possible. Perplexed at the situation, Atshen began to doubt himself. Such emotions became apparent in his expression, though he did not voice such admissions. Instead, he looked to her with an odd concoction of deficiency and confusion.

651 Posts
Ooc — ebony
vuk arched a brow as confusion began to sweep across the boy's face. he did not know — she had won this battle of wits. of course, it was no win at all, as he was a child and she a grown wolf. "it is t-the t-truth," she murmured, turning to gaze into the shadows again. "so. w-will y-you h-help m-me?" truth be told, vuk was warming to the idea.[/tr][/td][/table]
mouthed words | thoughts
valar morghulis
319 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Warrior
I feel like this is the most that Atshen has ever spoken. :P

He was fully enticed by the woman’s words when she turned away. Beckoned by both her actions and words, Atshen drew forward a step as a foreign sense of excitement flared within. It was rare for the raven-haired child to get excited, but, when it happened it consumed him-- just as all of his other extreme emotions seemed to.

“I will help you rip out your tongue when the time comes,” he decided at length, pressing forward another step.

651 Posts
Ooc — ebony
ashten is my fave

vuk did not allow herself to stir when the child gave forth his macabre pronouncement. "w-will y-you h-help m-me put the r-right t-tongue in p-place, also?" she gave a smirk. she stepped some way into the darkness and glanced back over her shoulder at the child. "i am v-vuk. what is y-your n-name, t-tongue r-ripper?"[/tr][/td][/table]
mouthed words | thoughts
valar morghulis
319 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Warrior
<3

Vuk’s next remark was on that he did not agree to and, as such, he shook his head in response quickly. “I have to take care of the bad tongue,” he said as looking up to her, his expression serious. “Kill it,” he added for clarification. As for helping her with her old tongue? He wouldn’t do anything of the sort.

When asked his name, Atshen felt confident enough in the other to disclose it. He liked this wolf, despite the rumors of her weakness, and he hoped that Vuk would allow him to kill the tongue that currently occupied her mouth. “Atshen,” he replied, following after her a few more steps.

651 Posts
Ooc — ebony
wanna fade this with your next post? <3

she nodded gravely at the boy's description of what he would do. "y-yes," she agreed. "k-kill the b-bad t-tongue. i w-will d-do the r-rest." with that, the tyro stretched and yawned with a click of her pale jaw before the child, putting his name aside. ashten. it was unlike seff; undoubtedly she would stumble on its syllables, but it fit the hot-eyed boy well. "l-let us f-find f-food f-first," she suggested, moving into the darkness to find a cache. if ashten followed, she would tell him more about the tongue, but if not, perhaps his interest would remain piqued.[/tr][/td][/table]
mouthed words | thoughts
valar morghulis
319 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Warrior
Though the idea of food did not appeal at that very moment, Atshen still trotted after. In an uncharacteristic burst of conversation, he would inquire about the best way to rip out tongues and finish them for good. Eating once they actually were at the cache, the pair soon after headed off to find the new tongue after a quick bite, their adventure bringing them deep into the night.