Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
All Welcome 
AW! But maybe someone she hasn't met?

Valette was glad that the temperatures were turning warmer. Now she didn't have to worry about Keoni and Nikai so much when they would go out. The bison out on the meadow had provided enough meat for all of them. Their skeletons were bare which was a good sign about their clean up service of the crows. Valette still hoped the rest of the bison herd would return to their lands. Though finding them would be another story, there were no tracks to follow or lingering scents.

The ambitious female was for once not in a hurry of to do something. No, this afternoon she was enjoying the sun. She sat by the stone circle, where she had been watching their prey before. The girl hummed as the sun started to shine down on her. She leaned against the sun warmed stone and gratefully took in this moment where the sun was warming her. She started to think, and hope, what spring would bring to her.
759 Posts
Ooc — Tweet
Ambassador
Ranger
Akuti was tending to her purple ladies when the first ray of sun broke through the canopy and struck her with its warmth. She turned to the source of the light and smiled, her eyes squinted against the brightness of the sun. As she jogged toward the center of the territory, she hummed a little ditty under her breath and wagged her nub in a delighted fashion just behind her. Toward the middle of the space was Valette, to whom Akuti sent a high-pitched bark of greeting. Valette! she called as she excitedly approached, Enjoying the warmth? There was a sweet smile drawn across her maw, and one could be sure that she looked like an overjoyed puppy with her quick-moving tail and perked ears.

Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
@Wren @Calloon @Selkie please feel free to still jump in this thread

Valette cracked open an eye when she heard a female speak. It was the small female. The one where she had pleaded for but Steady still not thought highly off. His arguments were quite valid but still who was she to judge someone. At least if she would contribute then Valette would deem her okay. However her one quiet moment was disturbed. With being the mother of two children she didn't have much time of of peace.

"Yes I am, much needed after all that cold," she returned in a friendly matter. "Were you looking for me?," she asked curiously. She was not sure if the female stumbled upon her or if she had been looking for her in particular.
759 Posts
Ooc — Tweet
Ambassador
Ranger
Trust me, I understand. Akuti released a snort in agreeance, thinking about how difficult it had been trudging through the Wilds in the middle of winter. No, I wasn't. And I hope I'm not disturbing you, but while I'm here, I want to know what I can do to help the pack. Tending to the purple ladies and tracking the herds were a few small things, but Akuti knew she could contribute more if she knew what the pack needed her to do. I've been tracking a bit, and I'm trying to build up an herb cache, but these both take time. I want to do something which will aid us now.

Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Valette liked that the female wanted to do more for their pack. She had done some tracking and was trying to build a cache of herbs. Valette didn't even realize that herbs grew in winter but she was not going to comment too much on that, she after all, didn't know about those things. "Well you can always help with caches, check them for any rotten food. Take out the good meat and relocate it," she offered.

"Though do let me know the new locations because I mostly take care of those caches," she added. That was something that she could use some help with. There wasn't a lot of wolves that did the death care, when meat was actually rotten.
759 Posts
Ooc — Tweet
Ambassador
Ranger
I can do that, Akuti assured Valette, her nub wagging sporadically behind her. It might take her a bit longer to complete the move for each cache, though she had plenty of time to spare. Considering the distance between the two, she had to crane her neck upward to get a full view of the Alphess, as Akuti thought it more polite to make proper eye contact when one spoke. You're a hunter? We're kinda working together then! What, with me tracking all day and you actually going out to catch the prey, I think we could make a pretty good team. Do we have any other hunters? Akuti cocked her head at the question, as if to show the genuine curiousity she felt about the Easthollow wolves.

Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Valette quirked up her lips when the other agreed to do some tracking. The dark colored female swayed her tail. Then she continued, asking if she was a hunter. And if fact she was. "Yes I am," she confirmed briefly before letting her continue. Valette had the idea that they had quite a lot of good hunters in their pack. Making them very successful.

"Well there is Grayday, Adeline, Mara and Keoni," she returned. "But with you in addition we do have a good group that might take on bison when they return." Valette wanted the bison to return badly. She hoped that they would return now the winter was less severe and they could manage to live on their plains once more.
759 Posts
Ooc — Tweet
Ambassador
Ranger
Six hunters in one pack could see excessive to some, but with a pack as large as Easthollow, the more, the merrier. However, the thought of taking on a bison was a bit intimidating to Akuti. Bison? she asked, That seems dangerous. Especially since the only thing she herself had ever caught was a hare. Akuti quirked her maw and licked at her nose with her tongue, then pawed at the ground a bit. I could use a bit of practice before something like that, if you wouldn't mind helping me.

Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Valette let out a friendly chuckle to the female. "Don't worry, we could all use practice. When we moved here I found them. Yet no one as experience hunting them," she explained to the female. "We tried to hunt them once but it wasn't a success, they are more defensive than deer are," she added.

So Valette still had to come up with a technique to hunt the bison. She didn't mind, as he rather liked to develop a technique with her pack members and would make it their own.
759 Posts
Ooc — Tweet
Ambassador
Ranger
Yeah, I figured. With those horns 'n all, they look like they could do some damage if they really wanted. A slight look of worry fell over Akuti's face as she thought about what one of them could do to a wolf like Valette, let alone to a itty bitty thing like herself. I'll be going now, but it was nice talking to you. Let me know when you get a plan together. She threw back a wink and turned to make her way back to her corner of the territory where she could tend to her garden.

Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Valette nodded. It was a good talk to have. She always could use some time to talk about her tactics and how she could track certain animals. The young female seemed to want to depart and Valette gave her room to do so. "I will see you around," she smiled and then nodded. Even though this female might have left her pups behind she did seem decent. She hoped that her mate wouldn't be too hard on her.

- END-