Cedar Sweep there’s a lake of stew and of whiskey too
hämähäkki, muodonmuuttaja, satakieli
310 Posts
Ooc — KJ
Bard
Rogue
There was a significant part of Lotte that understood and even agreed with the Family’s desire to punish Olive and Dakarai further; she knew her husband’s mind better than most — though not quite as intimately as she knew Dagfinn’s — and she knew that their banishment was at the forefront of Arturo’s thoughts.

And she loved that steel trap mind — she loved that ruthless heart —

— but there was another part of Lotte, one that could be chalked up to naiveté or youth or weariness, that wanted the entire matter to be dropped completely. She was tired of walking and tired of hurting, and as much as she wanted to blame Olive and Dakarai for this forced sojourn, she couldn’t. Lotte was a dominant bitch with a natural aversion to competing females, but she was also a girl just past her majority who wanted nothing more than to climb mountains with her daughter in the spring and loll around in a meadow with her litter of Ansbjørn-Fearghal bear cubs. She did not want to spare Olive and Dakarai purely out of the goodness of her heart; there was selfishness that factored into her decision as well. The trial would eat up more of Arturo’s time and patience — time and patience that were better spent on Lotte, if she did say so herself [and she did]. Still, despite her reservations, she knew she would stand with her husband and with Teaghlaigh regardless of the outcome. It was just a shame all of this had to happen at all.

“I know it,” she said heavily, her trained voice carefully devoid of any discernible emotion.

Restlessness in the distance caught the Banríon’s attention. The very thought of getting up and moving was agonizing. After a moment of prolonged silence — throughout which she was gearing herself up to ask a question that tasted of bitter ash on her tongue — “Can you give me — do you have — can you give me something for this — this pain?” she grappled with the question in a low, embittered voice that was ragged with shame. She closed her eyes against the echo of her weak words in the twilight.
Messages In This Thread
there’s a lake of stew and of whiskey too - by Lotte - March 20, 2017, 11:05 AM
RE: there’s a lake of stew and of whiskey too - by Lotte - April 08, 2017, 01:28 AM