Stone Circle The circle of life
The only rock I know that stays steady, the only institution I know that works, is the family.
1,066 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
Guardian
Private 
For @Valette only, but may open it up later to everyone else! Keeping some injuries vague, since the fight thread isn't finished yet.

Steady limped into the territory, his front left leg useless to him as it dangled from his body. The muscles had been torn, and he was pretty sure they wouldn't be usable again. Blood poured from the wounds, and try as he might to get it to stop, it just seemed to keep coming. His whole body felt sore, and all he wanted was to lay down and go to sleep. But, he wouldn't, couldn't, do that before coming home. 

In the back of his mind, he knew the unseen injuries were worse than the ones that could be seen. But, right now, all he wanted was to see his love. Once he was fully in the territory, he sat back on his haunches and let out a short, weak howl, calling for her. It was all he could muster.
~I am a wolf. It's my nature to be kind, gentle and loving. But know this: When it comes to matter of protecting my friends, family, and heart—don't trifle with me, for I am also the most powerful and relentless creature you will ever know.~
Feel free to tag Steady if needed. Unless otherwise asked, all threads are AW.

Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Valette noticed that Steady had been away for a bit, but she didn't think much of it. She went away for a day when she went exploring with Nikai. When the male howled for her the female was quite cheery. She felt happy to see him again, hence why she galloped with some excitement towards her mate's howl. Valette felt more frisky lately, perhaps her heat would be here soon. She couldn't wait to give Steady a healthy litter of pu--- Her thought process was interrupted by the scent of blood.

Valette's eyes fell on Steady's broken frame. "Steady!," she cried out in distress. His body looked extremely bad, and one leg he wasn't even putting weight on. With his dark fur, she couldn't see much of the blood stains but she knew they were there because of the fresh scent of blood. She stepped close to him and licked under his chin and over his jaw. "Oh no! What happened?," she asked worriedly. "We should get Krypton. She could help, right? You will be fine in no time," she told herself.
The only rock I know that stays steady, the only institution I know that works, is the family.
1,066 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
Guardian
His tail gave a brief wag when she came into view, and his heart gave a rather strong pump in his chest. Was it from seeing her or was it from having to work a little harder to get himself home? He refused to lower his head, even though all his body wanted him to do was lie down. He was not, now or ever, a weak wolf, and he refused to go down without a fight.

He nodded when Krypton's name came up. He knew her as an excellent healer, and hoped she could salvage what was left of his shoulder. He gave Valette a lick upon her cheek, his vision starting to blur a bit, but he gave her a soft smile to reassure her.
~I am a wolf. It's my nature to be kind, gentle and loving. But know this: When it comes to matter of protecting my friends, family, and heart—don't trifle with me, for I am also the most powerful and relentless creature you will ever know.~

Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Valette realized that he didn't say anything. Was he too tired? Too badly hurt to talk? Valette let out a whimper. She wanted him to comfort her and tell her that it would be alright. He needed to be alright. She hadn't fulfilled her promise yet to him. He only nodded when she mentioned Krypton. "Okay let's get you to our den first," she spoke to him and stood on his side of his good shoulder.

The alpha female couldn't help but feel worried, extremely worried. "Steady what happened? Who did this to you?," she asked. She didn't want to lose her love. She needed him by her side. She was not the guardian he was. She did the other things he didn't, hence why they fit so well together.
1,066 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
Guardian
He nodded, leaning on her a bit for support, but he was careful not to put too much of his weight on her. With each step, his brain seemed to get more and more fuzzy, and a light feeling that he had never experienced before came over him. He stumbled, though caught himself on his good leg. His muscles shook with exertion. He knew his body needed to rest, to recoup from this injury.  

It took all of his concentration to get to the den, and so he didn't answer until after his body thumped the ground. He lay on his good side, his injured shoulder up so that Krypton would be able to look at it. A stranger, he answered, his voice low, and cracked. I got... a rabbit... for you... I'm sorry, he trailed off, sorry for not successfully bringing her gift with him. His body begged for rest, and his brain seemed in on it, too. His eyes closed as he started to give in. It was as if he didn't have a choice, which was a weird feeling for him. While he had experienced physical tiredness, it was his brain that was always alert. It demanded he sleep. He could even feel his heart slowing. Little did he know that if he gave in completely, it would be forever.

Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Valette noticed that there was a lot off when Steady managed to get back to the den. How he walked and how tired he seemed. It looked like he was going to get out his last breath. Valette whined when he stumbled and tried to support him more. As they arrived at the den she finally got an answer. He was in this state for a rabbit?! "Steady! I don't care about the rabbit. I care about you and your safety," she whined and settled close to him starting to lick his face to keep him awake.

'I can't lose you. Steady, I love you," she spoke, sounding upset. What if this wasn't something that could be healed? She was a hunter herself and even though the gift was nice, she disliked the idea of the gift being the cause of his injuries. "Steady," she urged when she felt that he was slipping away. "Please hold on. Stay with me," she spoke while nudging his muzzle.
1,066 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
Guardian
He could hear the fear in her voice, and he wanted nothing more than to right himself, snuggle up to her, and promise her he'd be there forever. But, the strength he had was leaving him, so much so that he could barely life his head. He wouldn't whine in defeat; he would accept what he's done.

I'm so... sorry... I promised... I'd... never leave... you, he said, his voice weak. I love... you...always, he added, a sudden cough expelling blood from his mouth. Tell our... children... I love... them, too, he asked of her. He took a deep breath, the last one, and the pain was gone. The last thing he saw was Valette, the love of his life. He hated her hurting, hated leaving her, but he knew there was nothing he could do now. He made a fatal mistake, one he would never be able to make up to her. He didn't even have time to wonder how long she would hate him for doing this to her. He hated himself for it. 

This is my last post. Open to all, if it's okay with @Valette

Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Valette watched how her strong man slowly became weaker. Her eyes started to water. "I love you too," she spoke, even more worriedly now he was coughing blood. "Steady, no," she whined and licked his muzzle trying to keep him awake. Her ears flattened when she heard that breath. She remembered it, it was the same like her mother's. One last breath. Instantly the female started sobbing. "Steady, no. I need you," she cried. Why did everyone she loved have to die.

She nestled herself against Steady. It would be the last time she could do that. But there was no heartbeat anymore. No warmth coming from him. Valette cried. She kept crying. She couldn't bare to have anyone close to him. She wanted this one last private moment with him. With her mother, she was able to say goodbye, but with Steady... It was different. She needed to say goodbye to him, she wanted to mourn him without swallowing her sadness. She stayed with him throughout the night. Her limbs grown stiff and her tears ran out. She realized she should call the kids. Let them say goodbye. She also needed to tell the pack members...

I think I will end this thread here and open a pack activity where they can all say goodbye to him <3 He will be missed