Redhawk Caldera it's a sign of the times.
2,311 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
Advisor
Master Coach
In spite of her flustered state, Fin did notice that Towhee took the news surprisingly well. She had thought that this might be difficult for the newest generation - the idea that new little creatures would soon be arriving to steal the spotlight away from them. Perhaps kids never really thought that way, though. At least, not until the new ones arrived. Fin thought of Liffey only briefly before pressing on with a smile at her goddaughter's questions.

"Takes about two months to grow these things," Fin replied, attempting to sign along as she spoke aloud. Not verbalizing still felt wrong to her, even when it was a private conversation between the two of them. Probably because she so shamelessly loved the sound of her own voice. "You will definitely be their big sister - that's a necessity. I'm going to need you to help me show them how to be bad ass." And she really would.

The question that fell in the middle was the one she decided to answer last, as it led to an anecdote she thought might be interesting to share. "As for how many, I have not ever had any idea what to expect," Fin informed her, "In fact, when I was pregnant for Eljay, I didn't even know it until halfway through my pregnancy."

It failed to occur to the alpha that she was about to tell a five month-old the compelling and completely inappropriate tale of her miscarriage and that might not be great. She just knew how her goddaughter liked knowing things, and this was a pretty interesting tale. Gruesome, heartbreaking, completely frightening considering Fin was likely pregnant at the time of the telling, but super interesting.

Messages In This Thread
it's a sign of the times. - by Finley - May 21, 2017, 01:29 PM
RE: it's a sign of the times. - by Towhee - May 23, 2017, 11:33 AM
RE: it's a sign of the times. - by Finley - May 24, 2017, 11:15 AM
RE: it's a sign of the times. - by Towhee - May 24, 2017, 11:31 AM
RE: it's a sign of the times. - by Finley - May 24, 2017, 11:38 AM
RE: it's a sign of the times. - by Towhee - May 24, 2017, 12:02 PM
RE: it's a sign of the times. - by Finley - May 24, 2017, 07:16 PM
RE: it's a sign of the times. - by Towhee - May 24, 2017, 07:50 PM
RE: it's a sign of the times. - by Finley - May 24, 2017, 08:06 PM
RE: it's a sign of the times. - by Towhee - May 24, 2017, 08:41 PM
RE: it's a sign of the times. - by Finley - May 28, 2017, 06:30 PM