Cedar Sweep a love only good for lighting fires and starting wars
we don't need another ruler
all my friends are kings
956 Posts
Ooc —
Tactician
With several trees between her and the rabbits, Mallaidh stands there in wonder. Her breathing slows to a minimum, her feet a firmly planted on the ground so they do not move, she’d be mistaken for a statue if it wasn’t for the slight ruffle of her fur in the wind. She’s seen rabbits before when her parents or Hemlock brought them as gifts or for meals and they always came dead. In the back of her mind, she always knew there had once been life behind them but seeing them for herself—in such an untouched surrounding—is an entirely different feeling. As much as she loves to eat, it is much easier for someone to bring them to her than for her to put forth the effort.

The concept of hunting is buried deep in instinct. If Mallaidh listens closely, she’d know what to do, but she’s far more mesmerized watching them interact with one another, nibble at the grasses, or simply enjoying living quietly. One of them, however, seems a little jitterier than the others but she doesn’t know what to chock that up to without previous knowledge of how rabbits really interact with one another.

One of them moves too quickly, causing her to flinch, and she cringes in hopes she has not scared them away. Something is amiss between them and her ears swivel on her head, one pointed in another direction that a sound has infiltrated her mind. Unable to recover what it was outside the rabbits’ reaction, her knees bend a little and lower her petite frame to the ground. Her chest suddenly swells with more anxiety, becoming much more aware of her situation and the fact she had not left a single hint that she disappeared from Teaghlaigh. Mallaidh swallows a thick lump in the back of her throat, turning her head back to the clearing to see it free of a single hare.

Slowly, she picks one foot up and back tracks the way she came but in her turn around, her eyes widen in surprise and her breath hitches in her throat at the sight of another dark, unfamiliar wolf through the trees.
i'd give anything to hear you say it one more time
that the universe was made just to be seen by my eyes
Messages In This Thread
RE: a love only good for lighting fires and starting wars - by Mallaidh - July 03, 2017, 03:30 PM