Ravenshook Cliffs Mechanical keyboards
416 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
All Welcome 
Tytonidae kept her distance from the steep cliffs, feeling a danger to their steep sides. Still, she was curious to see what the land was like around her potentially-chosen location. She did hope that whoever joined her would appreciate the views, the food, and the scenery as much as she did. As far as she could tell, other settled areas were far away and would not be a nuisance to their claim.

She did not think this particular place would be helpful to them, but it also didn't seem like it left them vulnerable. It was unlikely that other wolves would come here to hunt, which meant it was unlikely that they would attempt to breach the plateau, should there be a pack residing there. Ty was pensive as she peered out over the ocean, but she soon looked back at the plateau and smiled. The longer she looked at the plateau, the more she liked it.
12 Posts
Ooc — Nadia
The bright, firey shades hidden in Salt's coat make hiding almost impossible, and yet she still tried. Her eyes peer over the ridge of a tiny stone which (in her mind) covers the majority of her face while she watches the other's movements. Even if by some chance she hasn't been noticed already, the smooth and focused flagging of her tail would have been enough to catch anyone's eye. 

The other wolf moves her head, startling Salt; she gasps and straightens herself before bounding away to hide behind another stone. Her ears are flat and her eyes are narrow, though it is obvious that she can do no real damage. If anything, she was hurting herself by being acting so carelessly.
416 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
A flash of red fur caught Ty's eye, and (as was her natural instinct) she moved toward it. She approached with a neutral stance, not wishing for a fight, but also attempting not to appear as though she would cower at the first sign of a fight. If anything, Ty was looking to recruit wolves she found suitable. She hadn't decided on any strict requirements, though she did hope to find a varied bunch to keep things at least somewhat interesting.

Considering Ty was no excellent fighter, she would not require the same of her followers. In fact, she wasn't picky about what they did at all, so long as they did something useful. There were a plethora of skills out there, and she believed everybody should be working to improve themselves. "Hello?" she called out once she was near enough, "Why are you hiding like that?"
12 Posts
Ooc — Nadia
Oh no! she thinks, suddenly feeling cornered by the smudge's presence. Salt lets out a low whine laced with a hint of a growl and tucks her ears back in fear. Her tail folds between her legs as she lifts and takes a step to the side to try planning an emergency escape route. Although she seems to be in good company, she had enough common sense to know that that could change in the blink of an eye. I didn't..., she begins in a breathy whisper, though her voice soon trails off into veiled murmurs. 

How did you see me? Salt finally manages to ask. She could have sworn she'd been covered! Oh, how could she have been so sloppy with her work? If anything, the fear has now been replaced with shame, though she still keeps the same cowering posture.
416 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
The red wolf seemed terribly nervous and unsure of herself, once again reminding Tytonidae of a past version of a very similar wolf... She too had once been terribly unsure, scared, and unwilling to trust others. Now, though, her attitude had changed. She had grown—not just physically, but emotionally as well. "You stick out like a sore thumb," Ty replied with a smile, "You look a lot like... somebody I used to know." Not that Ty had ever really known Fox, but she did remember her. Bright red and fiery as ever. Fox never would have acted like this, though.

"I'm Tytonidae, by the way. You are...?" she trailed off, allowing the fiery creature to respond with her own name in turn. Again, Ty wondered if this wolf had been sent here by the little red fox she'd met, but she held that thought for now, waiting to see if the red, long-legged wolf would offer up the information on her own.
12 Posts
Ooc — Nadia
I'm..., she sighs, taken aback by how not-hostile-and-aggressive Ty was, I'm Ch'ewi. The weariness in her voice is ever-present, though her eyes still hold a slight glint of defensiveness. I go by Salt. With only a moment's hesitaition, she steps away from the small space in which she is being held and tries to scurry off somewhere that will provide more distance. With the new lighting and different perspective, Salt has a chance to really study Ty and takes full advantage.

Are you planning on attacking?
416 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
She introduced herself as Ch'ewi, but immediately changed her answer to Salt. That didn't really make a whole lot of sense to Tytonidae, but she didn't care. Names were just names, and they were easy to change (in wolf world, anyway). The skittish red wolf made more room between them, and Ty made no attempt to close the distance. She didn't want to scare anybody off, after all. The next question, though, made her chuckle.

"Hah! No way, José. Even if I were planning to, it doesn't seem like a great move to tell you that I'm about to do it." Tytonidae was no warrior, but that was common sense, right?
12 Posts
Ooc — Nadia
It was hard believing a stranger, and Salt would have wanted everyone to know that she didn't really believe Ty, but she just acted like she did for the sake of moving on. Then again, there hadn't really been any reason for her to doubt the smudge, but one could never be to sure these days. True, she admitted, now finding it in herself to lift her chin a bit higher (Salt was still shaking; she was truly shook).

I, uh, well...I can go if you want. In other words, Please give me a reason to dash out of here so I'm not stuck blubbering. It was one thing to watch people without them knowing, but when they knew, it went from fun to humiliating, and Salt didn't do too well with the latter.
416 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
Salt still seemed threatened, even offering to basically do whatever Tytonidae wanted as far as staying or leaving. Ty gave her a side-eye for a minute, then replied, "You can leave if you'd like, but I don't mind at all if you'd like to stick around. I'm actually recruiting for a pack right now... if that's something you'd be interested in." Of course, sticking around would imply that Salt was interested in staying for the long haul, and Ty hoped that she would, but she also had no intention of luring those in who weren't really into it.
12 Posts
Ooc — Nadia
Immediately after Ty offered a spot in her pack, Salt readjusted herself. Her eyes grew bigger and her ears fell back, and she managed to loosen her muscles enough to take a seat. A pack? she repeated. A pack meant shelter and food, which meant that she could spend less time focusing on how she would stay alive and more on advancing her studies. I, well, I might be interested. Although Salt was trying to be inconspicuous in her curiousity, anyone with half a brain could see that she'd already given a silent Yes!

I don't really have any skills, I don't think. All that Salt ever did was watch. Sometimes she watched wolves, sometimes prey, but watching was all she did.
416 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
Ty nodded at the rhetorical question, and she straightened herself with interest when Salt (or whatever her name was) said she may be interested. The more recruits the better, and even if she didn't have skills now, that was something that could be solved with a little time, patience, and mentoring.

"That's okay, skills take time to build. Is there anything you want to do?" Tytonidae asked. Perhaps Salt had a particular interest that had yet to be utilized. Even if Ty couldn't teach her herself, perhaps she could find another wolf that could.
12 Posts
Ooc — Nadia
Salt had never really thought about what she wanted to do. It always seemed like she was preoccupied with other things, like feeding herself and making sure she didn't die; just girly things. Not really, she sighed, I don't have many interests. What do you think I should do? After all, if Ty was going to be in charge, then she had to have had an idea as to what she wanted from her recruits, right?
416 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
Tytonidae had never really been in this position before. Somebody was straight-up telling her to give orders. That wasn't really the kind of leader she had intended to be, but she supposed figuring out others' strengths was part of leadership. "I'm not sure that's something I could answer right away," Ty admitted. She hadn't even known what she wanted to do for a really long time. "But I'm sure we could figure something out for you once we got to know each other better."

Maybe if the other wolves who pledged themselves had a certain set of talents, Salt would be able to fill in the skill gap somewhere. Or maybe she would make friends with some of the other wolves and learn a bit more about herself and what she wanted to do. "As long as you're willing to be patient, of course." Ty paused for a moment. "Whaddya say?"

She wouldn't get a clear answer out of Salt today, but that was fine. In time, it would become clear (one way or another) if Salt planned on staying or going.