Redhawk Caldera if i'm addicted to loving you.
1,002 Posts
Ooc — Houkie
Midwife
Master Medic
Hope you don't mind me stealing this thread :)

The lack of food in their packlands was becoming a problem, one that deeply concerned Raven. Her concern wasn't for herself -- though her belly was so painfully empty that it almost growled louder than she did now -- but more for Finley, who needed extra nourishment beyond the normal amount so that she could produce milk to feed her puppies. The medic was all too aware of what could happen if the famine persisted for too much longer: Aunt Flea's milk could dry up, and those precious puppies would weaken and starve.

Something deeply maternal steeled inside of her. She wouldn't let that happen. She had been busy since dawn, collecting brambly arms from blackberry bushes that were heavy with ripe, swollen berries. It was late in the season so many of them were buggy and overripe, but it didn't matter. It was food. As tempting as it was to indulge herself and quiet her hungry belly, Raven did not eat a single berry.

Instead, she searched out the alpha female and found her, somewhat predictably, in a quiet patch of shade trees not far from the den. Raven approached her aunt with a grin, her tail waving affectionately, before setting down the few berry-laden branches she carried near Finley. "I brought you some berries," she said somewhat lamely, wishing it was a big deer haunch or fat raccoon instead. "It's not much, but it's something." Settling down beside the alpha, her eyes followed the movements of the rambunctious little pups as they scampered about in the broken shards of golden sunshine. Almost involuntarily, a huge grin danced on her lips as she watched them, the love in her heart so great she felt it might burst.
Messages In This Thread
if i'm addicted to loving you. - by Finley - August 13, 2017, 04:59 PM
RE: if i'm addicted to loving you. - by Raven - August 16, 2017, 01:20 AM
RE: if i'm addicted to loving you. - by Finley - August 21, 2017, 11:24 AM
RE: if i'm addicted to loving you. - by Clover - August 22, 2017, 09:20 AM
RE: if i'm addicted to loving you. - by Raven - August 22, 2017, 08:12 PM
RE: if i'm addicted to loving you. - by Finley - September 15, 2017, 07:56 PM
RE: if i'm addicted to loving you. - by Clover - September 21, 2017, 11:54 AM
RE: if i'm addicted to loving you. - by Raven - September 29, 2017, 11:02 PM
RE: if i'm addicted to loving you. - by Finley - September 30, 2017, 07:03 PM
RE: if i'm addicted to loving you. - by Clover - October 13, 2017, 03:28 PM
RE: if i'm addicted to loving you. - by Raven - October 14, 2017, 07:24 PM