Redhawk Caldera No matter how much it hurts, no matter how hard it gets, you gotta keep grinding.
2,311 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
Advisor
Master Coach
Towhee's relief and gratitude was almost palpable. Fin smiled at the tears she saw the girl trying hard to hold in, finding herself pleased that she was making the effort to not be weepy. She listened/watched as Towhee explained her feelings, giving a nod of encouragement and a look that said plainly "Uhhh yeah it's best you be stayin'", but otherwise saying/signing nothing. She saw the pause in the girl's expression and her ears lifted slightly, wondering what had caused it. She explained shortly, to Fin's pleasure. She appreciated the level of honesty they were sharing at this juncture, and was pleased at the trust it suggested.

Still, the underlying meaning beneath her goddaughter's words was not lost on her. She hesitated before answering, not wanting to accidentally give the go-ahead for Towhee to pull another... well, Towhee. "I want you to keep looking out for the pack the way that you do," she answered slowly, "But when it comes to the big decisions like kicking out members, you need to bring your concerns to me or Elwood before acting. You catch a stranger entering our territory, then by all means take action to prevent it. But if they're one of us and carry the scent of pack, the decision to send them away is mine." Fin gave her niece a serious look for about 3.7 seconds before quickly adding, "Oh, and Elwood's." Obviously. Whoops.

Messages In This Thread
RE: No matter how much it hurts, no matter how hard it gets, you gotta keep grinding. - by Finley - September 07, 2017, 05:46 PM