Redhawk Caldera he's the one who likes all our pretty songs
gubraithian fire
3,000 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Trapper
Master Ambassador
Master Ranger
"Hux," Wildfire repeated, recognition registering if only just barely. Her eyes slid to Towhee's face, her sister's speech impediment preventing her from immediately understanding. It took Wildfire a solid minute to parse out what she'd said, in part helped along by Hux's embellishment.

"I just need to be in the open air," she said quietly, turning toward her pack mate again and wondering why he was here, not Thuringwethil, Portia or anyone else she trusted. "I need—" she added disjointedly, suddenly finding herself breathing fast, her whittled-down rib cage heaving with her rapid breaths. "I need to breathe."

She stopped, closed her eyes, still gasping slightly like a fish out of water and attempting to collect herself. She could feel a patch of dampness on her forehead where Hux's tongue had touched her and Wildfire flung up a forepaw and began scrubbing at her face. Even as she performed this rather inexplicable ritual, her thoughts cleared up a bit, allowing her to recollect her flight from Cicero toward the caldera.

After several long beats, Wildfire placed her foot back on the ground, drew in a steadying breath and slowly peeled open her chestnut eyes. "Towhee, is there any chance you could bring me some food and water?" she asked, then turned to Hux. "Why are you here?" she demanded in a quietly baffled voice. "How long was I out?"
Messages In This Thread
he's the one who likes all our pretty songs - by Hux - October 11, 2017, 12:14 AM
RE: he's the one who likes all our pretty songs - by Hux - October 11, 2017, 09:08 PM
RE: he's the one who likes all our pretty songs - by Hux - November 04, 2017, 10:23 AM
RE: he's the one who likes all our pretty songs - by Wildfire - November 04, 2017, 10:31 PM
RE: he's the one who likes all our pretty songs - by Towhee - November 04, 2017, 10:37 PM
RE: he's the one who likes all our pretty songs - by Hux - November 07, 2017, 01:03 AM
RE: he's the one who likes all our pretty songs - by Towhee - November 07, 2017, 11:42 AM