Redhawk Caldera yes, may i please speak to pizza.
gubraithian fire
3,000 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Trapper
Master Ambassador
Master Ranger
Before Finley could respond to Wildfire's mostly rhetorical question, Elwood appeared with even more food. They each set down their offerings beside her, then her godmother promptly began to crack jokes. Wildfire was touched by their generosity with their food, their home and their medical supplies, but it was her Aunt Flea's humor that brought a wave of nostalgia crashing over her head. She felt a sudden impulse to burst into tears, though she did her best to resist; she didn't have the energy to spare for an emotional display.

"Thank you both so much, for everything..." Wildfire said, resting one foreleg over the heaps of meat, though she didn't imbibe just yet. She paused for a solid half-minute, chestnut eyes drifting between their two familiar, silvery faces. "I want you to know that as soon as I'm recovered enough, I plan to repay you. In fact, I..." Her throat tightened a bit as she considered her next few words. "I know I'm going to be here a while. I mean, I can barely walk right now. It's going to take months for me to be well enough to make the trip home. But I'll be able to contribute before that, hopefully, while I work on regaining my strength."

Another brief pause ensued, while Wildfire turned things over in her head and decided aloud, "I'll probably send Hux back to Drageda, then humbly request to rejoin your ranks properly in the meantime, if you'll have me..." It would probably be temporary, with Wildfire leaving once more to return home in the spring. But she made no mention of that now. At this point in time, she wasn't sure what the future held. She only knew that she would be living at the caldera indefinitely, and it made sense to make it formal.
Messages In This Thread
yes, may i please speak to pizza. - by Finley - October 16, 2017, 05:31 PM
RE: yes, may i please speak to pizza. - by Wildfire - October 16, 2017, 07:59 PM
RE: yes, may i please speak to pizza. - by Elwood - October 17, 2017, 12:07 PM
RE: yes, may i please speak to pizza. - by Finley - October 19, 2017, 11:19 AM
RE: yes, may i please speak to pizza. - by Wildfire - October 19, 2017, 11:30 AM
RE: yes, may i please speak to pizza. - by Elwood - October 19, 2017, 07:17 PM
RE: yes, may i please speak to pizza. - by Finley - October 30, 2017, 05:13 PM
RE: yes, may i please speak to pizza. - by Wildfire - November 02, 2017, 03:57 PM
RE: yes, may i please speak to pizza. - by Elwood - November 05, 2017, 10:04 PM
RE: yes, may i please speak to pizza. - by Finley - November 06, 2017, 07:13 PM
RE: yes, may i please speak to pizza. - by Wildfire - November 07, 2017, 01:27 PM
RE: yes, may i please speak to pizza. - by Elwood - November 15, 2017, 09:35 PM
RE: yes, may i please speak to pizza. - by Finley - November 16, 2017, 07:47 PM