Redhawk Caldera Picture if you will
612 Posts
Ooc — Jennifer
No prob!  It's the time of the year for tons of random interruptions and/or slowness! :D

At the very least he was thankful that it didn't seem like Quixote had gone and screwed up his meeting here with Elwood.  There was always that nagging feeling that he, as the not most amiable sort of wolf, was going to end up majorly messing up things.  Somehow.  Most likely by saying something that was just rough and tumble sarcasm to him but might be interpreted as an insult to others.  To a certain point he was just waiting until that happened. It had to at some point.

But no, not this time.  Quixote bowed his head in return, It'd be my honor.  I will begin my work immediately to ensure the pack's safety. There was also the matter of the goose. And of course, this is yours or the pack's -- whichever is more appropriate.  He dipped his head down, gently taking the bird's neck as he got to his feet and tentatively taking a couple of steps forward -- form and tail low, ears flicked back -- so that he might deposit it at Elwood's feet.  Doing so would be the thing that brought him across the border, so needless to say there was some hesitation in his action.  Any sign of aggression would likely send Quixote pinwheeling backwards. Trust issues. The knot in his chest didn't feel like it was going to unwind itself immediately -- here he was, offering his loyalty and taking a chance, which perhaps made that twinge of nervousness warranted as his mind tenaciously explored every way this could go wrong.  There were always liars and false prophets and he had to hope that he was heading down the right track.  Time would tell.

Assuming the bird is safely deposited, he'd take a couple of quick steps to the side so he could speak again, To save me a bit of initial exploring, is there some covered spot with a rock or dirt floor I could use for planning?  Snow's great for quickly explaining stuff, but it does have a tendency to self-erase...  Quixote wasn't exactly sure what other options there would be if there wasn't something that would match his needs.  He'd have to work something out, or just gain some sort of savant-like photographic memory.  Regardless, there were other supplies he'd need, too, but they were much more minor in comparison to the equivalent of a worktable. He quickly remembered, And isn't gonna get repeatedly stomped across in a single day.  The entrance of a den might be snow-free but walkways also muddled things quite well.
Messages In This Thread
Picture if you will - by Quixote - November 10, 2017, 04:48 PM
RE: Picture if you will - by Elwood - November 11, 2017, 11:13 PM
RE: Picture if you will - by Quixote - November 12, 2017, 12:05 AM
RE: Picture if you will - by Elwood - November 15, 2017, 10:22 PM
RE: Picture if you will - by Quixote - November 25, 2017, 11:25 PM
RE: Picture if you will - by Elwood - November 27, 2017, 09:15 PM
RE: Picture if you will - by Quixote - November 29, 2017, 02:55 AM
RE: Picture if you will - by Elwood - December 05, 2017, 01:05 PM
RE: Picture if you will - by Quixote - December 07, 2017, 01:03 AM
RE: Picture if you will - by Elwood - December 11, 2017, 08:37 AM
RE: Picture if you will - by Quixote - December 21, 2017, 03:14 AM