Redhawk Caldera i fell heavy into your arms.
2,311 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
Advisor
Master Coach
Elwood didn't give her a lot to go off of. She frowned slightly as she'd hoped for more feedback than just a melancholy acceptance of her suggestion. She knew that this was a hard topic, and she knew that it bothered her mate to have it. And that's why she wasn't entirely surprised when he admitted as much only a few seconds later, though it didn't make her all too willing to accept it from him.

"Can't say I'm a fan either," Fin said, only a little sharply, "But it's too late now to turn back and we have to figure this out before Drageda shows up at our borders." She didn't mean to scold, but it took too much for her emotionally to bring up the conversation topic - she didn't have the stamina now to pause in order to boost him up as well. She wasn't... Well. She wasn't Elwood, who would usually have had no problem whatsoever doing just that for her.

She took in a breath and let it go in a sigh, calming her nerves to continue. "I don't know where to send them. Probably North," she suggested, "The mountains bar the way to the West and Blackfeather lies to our East. I suppose they could always go South into the Wood and swing over to the Fen from there, but I don't know that the whole poisoned water thing has worked itself out yet." She paused for a moment, cursing herself for having let go of her scouting duties as they would have come in very handy now.

"Though... If they did go South and then East, they could slip past Blackfeather and head towards the Sunspire mountain range. They could find someplace there to shelter for a while until we send a messenger that all is safe. Or.. If it doesn't end up being safe, they could go further East and have the mountains between them and Blackfeather. They could head North to Drageda from there, although we'd have to check with Betty to make sure of where their territory is, exactly."

She hesitated, thinking again of their choice of Lagan and Raven as godparents. Neither of them particularly struck her as leaders capable of heading up this adventure. But Lagan could do it. She knew that he could step up when push came to shove. Plus, he was already a scout and so leading them into the Sunspire wouldn't be difficult for him. It was just the taking charge as... Well, as temporary alpha of their little band, that would stretch his abilities.

Messages In This Thread
i fell heavy into your arms. - by Finley - November 30, 2017, 06:26 PM
RE: i fell heavy into your arms. - by Elwood - December 13, 2017, 12:53 PM
RE: i fell heavy into your arms. - by Finley - December 15, 2017, 06:30 PM
RE: i fell heavy into your arms. - by Elwood - December 19, 2017, 08:36 AM
RE: i fell heavy into your arms. - by Finley - December 19, 2017, 07:14 PM
RE: i fell heavy into your arms. - by Elwood - December 19, 2017, 10:16 PM
RE: i fell heavy into your arms. - by Finley - December 20, 2017, 01:37 PM
RE: i fell heavy into your arms. - by Elwood - December 27, 2017, 10:16 PM
RE: i fell heavy into your arms. - by Finley - January 06, 2018, 06:19 PM
RE: i fell heavy into your arms. - by Elwood - January 07, 2018, 08:55 PM