Stone Circle this strange weather pattern inside me takes hold.
Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
All aboard the feels train! Choo-Choo!

Valette smiled as her adoring daughter tried to stand on her hind legs to see the mountain. That wouldn't really work, which she soon found out. Still, it was cute to see. Valette knew that her story might not have much to do with the scouting trade, but she wanted her to know about the attachments one could form. Being a ranger could be quite lonely, especially if a lot of missions took place shortly after one another. Valette let out a soft sigh.

Then, Clary asked what passed away meant. Of course, her daughter would not know. Valette licked her lips. "It meant someone died. When someone dies it is like they are asleep, but never wake up anymore," she spoke softly. Valette didn't want to worry Clary by associating Death with sleep. "Steady died because he was injured. He lost a fight and was too injured," she continued to explain. This way she might think death could come from a fight and not from sleep.

Her heart jolted as Clary's last question. The thought of visiting opened up a longing for Steady that she hadn't felt in a long time. It had hard for the mother to fight back her tears for a moment. She didn't want to upset Clary or startle her. "Yes. I can. It is right here," she admitted her words barely a whisper. Valette moved back to the stones. She stopped by the tallest of them all. She scaped away some snow to reveal the earth.

"When Steady died we buried him here. Most wolves think that a wolf consists of a body, the physical part, and a soul, the mental part. That is how you can think. It is tradition to give the body back to the ground so it can feed the others around us. I'd like to think that the soul goes up to the sky and become the stars that look down on us. This is Steady's stone. That is why we also hold important meetings here because then it feels like the ones before us, are with us when making important decisions."

Valette remembered the many times she watched the herds from up here. Her side leaning against Steady's stone. Sometimes her body would forget that it was cold and hard stone. Sometimes she could make herself believe that she was sitting next to Steady at that very moment. "Unfortunately, I can never visit him like how you can visit Easy and Dauntless," she admitted sadly. She looked at the stone and felt the tears well up in her eyes as she looked at the large vertical stone before her. She blinked her tears away. "But! He wouldn't want me to be sad and I am very happy with my wonderful daughters and son," she spoke then to Clary, smiling at her. "You make me feel like the luckiest mom in the world," she added. "Perhaps that is also why I am careful and more strict when it comes to the borders because, now you know, Steady never returned. I don't want that to happen to you."
Messages In This Thread
RE: this strange weather pattern inside me takes hold. - by RIP Valette - January 01, 2018, 05:40 PM