Redhawk Caldera Dota 3 with zombies
612 Posts
Ooc — Jennifer
Since he'd met Colt before either were residents of the caldera, Quixote's tone was more like speaking to a coworker at a bar.  Though he covered similar topics with other wolves in the pack, he'd approached them with a bit more formality, Yeah, idiots where I grew up lacked the ability to get along.  Damned if I knew what initially set them off, but they'd start the whole tiff up again because someone caught something 'too close' to someone else's land or they got looked at funny or hell if I know.  Then you get people trying to get revenge on others for what they did and it would just go on and on 'til the most aggressive ones got too beat up to fight.  Quixote had felt like the only one seeing things the way they actually were there.  He'd kept himself fairly safe through the tumult and had left when the world suggested it was good.  He didn't regret it a bit.

The signs of it happening again worried him, though, Dunno if they just got so wrapped up in pack pride that they lost their sense of reason or what.  Probably that and have enough trees burn down and you won't have a forest to hunt in any more.  It was the best metaphor he could think of without the knowledge of burning bridges.  The longer he'd been in the Teekon, the more he'd thought that the wolves from his birth pack and the neighbors there likely didn't have enough humility or sense to try and bring peace to the table instead.  And likely none would agree to it.

Sure, there are times when you gotta go beat someone up or kill 'em because it's better for the world if you do, but if I get that blind to reality and act like my old pack, just kill me then 'cause I must've lost my mind and ain't coming back.  It was, perhaps, a little too vicious at himself, but with a dry chuckle, he concluded, Think I'm just a sucker to see if I can stop it from happening to someone else.  Or who knew, maybe the coming seasons' pups would end up with a childhood like his.  Great fun, that.
Messages In This Thread
Dota 3 with zombies - by Quixote - January 05, 2018, 02:18 AM
RE: Dota 3 with zombies - by Colt RIP - January 15, 2018, 04:26 PM
RE: Dota 3 with zombies - by Quixote - January 16, 2018, 03:50 AM
RE: Dota 3 with zombies - by Colt RIP - January 16, 2018, 10:04 PM
RE: Dota 3 with zombies - by Quixote - January 18, 2018, 03:28 AM
RE: Dota 3 with zombies - by Colt RIP - January 22, 2018, 06:54 PM
RE: Dota 3 with zombies - by Quixote - January 30, 2018, 09:43 PM
RE: Dota 3 with zombies - by Colt RIP - February 01, 2018, 01:21 AM
RE: Dota 3 with zombies - by Quixote - February 08, 2018, 01:53 AM
RE: Dota 3 with zombies - by Colt RIP - February 14, 2018, 09:57 AM
RE: Dota 3 with zombies - by Quixote - February 15, 2018, 07:42 PM