Stone Circle You're different so tell me more about you
Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Valette didn't know that Poppy had been so interested. She would have warmed up to her sooner. "It depends on how many there are born. Usually, I don't like to hunt the pregnant does but I'd rather wait until one would die in labor," she explained to the dog. "Plus if you hunt the mother with the unborn calf you don't have that much more extra meat. So if you wait till the calf gets bigger then you have another individual to hunt. If we need a lot of meat it is better to take down a bison if we can," she stated.

"Hunting a deer is very different than hunting a bison. Before we settled here I never hunted a bison, and I am still learning to perfect the technique. The bison are the hardest to hunt as they fight back, deer don't do that as often. How many fawns and calves we hunt really depends on how many there are at the moment. Plus it is always better to kill a baby male than a baby female," she spoke with a nod.
Messages In This Thread
RE: You're different so tell me more about you - by RIP Valette - February 02, 2018, 10:02 AM