Phoenix Maplewood there was an empty space in the shadow beside you
1,318 Posts
Ooc — mercury
Master Ambassador
Master Ranger
Coach
no buts. yet somehow, he didn't believe her.

she pressed herself against him, lifting her muzzle to nibble at his ear. he let out a shuddering breath as she did so, shifting his weight uncomfortably. she had watched and learned--from who he didn't know. perhaps catori, or some other temptress. goddamn it, she had watched and learned. 

months of frustration pent up inside threatened to burst like a broken dam, and a savage growl bubbled in his throat, not one of violence but of love. fuck, even without her heat she intoxicated him! his fur bristled, his toes curled. his eyes rolled back, and he lowered his head to take the scruff of her neck between his teeth, gently yet firmly.

he would turn her, rise up, possess her. the wild girl would be his at last. finally, she would know--

he paused, her neck still in his mouth. the lust racing through his blood froze suddenly into icy dread. she was cold, and stiff, and. . .empty. her amber eyes had held seemingly nothing when she had looked at him, and yet his body had responded anyway. she spoke but the words were wrong. she touched but the gesture held no warmth. 

this was a game. no buts, but she was lying.

"stop." aditya pulled away, shaking his head in a mixture of remorse, exasperation, and shame. his body throbbed, though now with fear rather than passion. what had turned his wild girl to stone? "dawn, no," he said, his voice firm, though not without a quaver. "i've seen this dance before. you're here, but you're not. . .here."

his lips pulled tight once more, into something that almost was a snarl. "don't fuck me to fake it," he said, his words crass but sincere. "tell me what's wrong."
Messages In This Thread
there was an empty space in the shadow beside you - by Dawn - February 18, 2018, 06:53 PM
RE: there was an empty space in the shadow beside you - by Aditya - February 19, 2018, 12:08 AM