Fox's Glade She told me that I'm not enough
447 Posts
Ooc — Chey
She did respond into a tirade just as long as his and just as angry. He stood there swallowing down his rage,swallowing down his tears until he managed to stand tall. It was defiance really that allowed him to do so, to lift his chin and lift his tail and stiffen his legs as she spoke nasty things. When she was finished and a pause hit he rolled his eyes "Aye Olive. I am such a damned good liar that I faked the spasms and faked the coughs and oh, I even faked the vomiting and dry heaving. If I was faking the poison why then did you heal me when I didn't ask you to?" his anger was gone replaced by simple bitter sarcasm even in the face of her growls. Then he smiled brightly at her question of the gods, oh what a response he had for her there. "Perhaps the gods favor me now because they approve of all I did for you. Have you not thought about that? Of course not. You're selfish love. You believe your gods love what you did for them. No. I survive and I get to move through life with another and you get to walk alone, because you also brought down hell upon us. When I lost my memories did you not choose to drag me back to Blackfeather instead of finding a better way? Was that not why they followed us to teaghlaigh? Because we fought back against their assault at first and I bit Nemesis's son?" He took a step forward calmly and peered at her, once again studying her beauty. A madwoman cloaked in innocence, a snake hidden beneath the most beautiful scales. It was such a shame.

It moved to Onyx and even though his temper flared again he listened. At the end of that tirade he nodded slowly "We have not been through as much as You and I had. Yet we've bonded. It wasn't love at first, it was friendship and a quick conversation over a meal taken down together. Then the stars lead me back to her by chance and we've stuck together since. She was injured and I brought a healer for her. We are in a pack together. It is gentle love, sweet love, protective love. Not the fire raging and the electric bursts we shared. It is slow building, I will not touch her, I will not push her. This is being done on her terms you see, I nothing but an able guard by her side and controlled by her needs." he spoke slowly, eyes softening in pity. He pitied her, such a foolish,stubborn, woman now burdened with children she bore to a man who seemed to not be around. He only hoped she had the sense to join a pack for the sake of those babies.

He'd fallen silent again before she came forward and held still as she touched him. His eyes closed as she spoke softly with words that made him ache so badly. Even through the rage and the disbelief he loved her. They really were soulmates in his mind, but soulmates destines to remain apart. As she licked behind his ear a shiver ran through his body that betrayed him so much. He leaned forward as she stepped away and met her gaze eyes betraying everything. Love, longing,Anger,sorrow,regret,yearning it was all there easy to read as a book. He remained like that as she began to speak again, beautiful eyes dropping to the ground calling the children a blessing. Surprise flashed through his gaze and he almost protested but denied himself the release. If this is what brought her the ability to continue on every day and move through life, then so be it. He wouldn't ruin whatever happiness she felt about those unborn children. 

Suddenly she was angry again and he stood up at the words she spat at him. He shook his head and sighed. She really knew nothing of this world. If he had let Cassiopeia attack him she would have killed him and he knew it. The threat was answered with flick of his ears as he stared off into space. He suddenly gave her a sad look, finality written on his face. "You wouldn't attack me. Even if you did you wouldn't kill me. She came at me intending to kill. If I wanted to hurt her surely I would have, but instead I simply laid her out. I don't intend to ever hurt any of my children ever unless I feared my own life." he spoke calmly before dipping his head to her and then lifting it again. That wasn't a total truth and he knew it, the bite had been enough to bleed into his mouth. For all he knew Cassiopeia could have gotten away only to collapse in a bloody heap, dead.

He turned then to leave walking away a few feet before pausing and looking over his shoulder. "I haven't moved on. I've simply chosen another worthy of the love I have. I dream of you sometimes, I ache for you. Whether you are Empousa or Anthousai matters not to me, I'll always love you deep down. I even admitted my faults to Onyx. Said I regretted running from Moonspear to begin with." he spoke in a gentle voice, the pain inside dying down as he spoke what was his farewell to this woman. "Yet what's done has been done and can't be changed. Aye....we are both better off without one another. For perhaps the fire that burns between us was too big and so the gods had to put it out. You'll have those babies to give you the love i cannot and I...I have Onyx to look after. I do not intend to mess up as I did with you and if it is written in the stars then yes, I will die for her. Not before ridding her of whatever beast of a man hunts her though, I will fight on for her. You...please if you hold any ounce of care left for me do me one favor. Leave this area, get as far away as possible. There is a dangerous man around here who has already hurt many. If not for me then for those unborn children." he spoke desperately now,pleading with her to get away before she was hurt.

Then he gave her one more once over, eyes pausing on the pregnant stomach. She was so beautiful...she was always a sight to behold. He swallowed thickly and attempted to smile at her, the gesture coming out watery and sorrowful.Even so he attempted to say something charming "You...you look beautiful when you're angry and threatening Olive.Take care of yourself please. I...I am sorry for ruining your life. Just know that I haven't moved on, I will always love you" he sucked in a breath at how pathetic that had come out then began to walk away, ears flicking in case she called out to him.
Messages In This Thread
She told me that I'm not enough - by Dakarai - February 24, 2018, 08:25 PM
RE: She told me that I'm not enough - by Olive - February 24, 2018, 10:30 PM
RE: She told me that I'm not enough - by Dakarai - February 25, 2018, 02:26 AM
RE: She told me that I'm not enough - by Olive - February 25, 2018, 04:33 PM
RE: She told me that I'm not enough - by Dakarai - February 25, 2018, 09:29 PM
RE: She told me that I'm not enough - by Olive - February 26, 2018, 09:14 AM
RE: She told me that I'm not enough - by Dakarai - February 26, 2018, 06:45 PM
RE: She told me that I'm not enough - by Olive - February 27, 2018, 03:28 PM