Bearclaw Valley can you still sleep, the way i used to?
suspended between survival and civility
390 Posts
Ooc —
Master Guardian
Bleep bloop. Phone post. Formatting to come. Please forgive typos.

----------

the triumph that had burned within the raven so brightly as she stood behind her mate quickly morphed into an ugly and all-consuming hurt -- it was a black and swelling void centered in her chest that hollowed out her bones and coursed to the end of every nerve.

all at once it was reigi who felt as if she weren't good enough. it did not matter how composed or good natured she was; so long as she existed in front of the redleaf girls she was reigi the insolent, reigi the wretch, reigi the retarded.  reigi, who with her presence soiled the hallowed status of the girls who did no wrong.

even to xan.

infra was allowed to harass and belittle at will but so long as the sandstone woman with no name so much as had a hair out of place, a breath that wasn't concealed, a gaze that lingered too long, it was deserving of punishment.

she felt both scorned and betrayed.  the unbridled rage she felt was not allowed to seep into her posture and break her composure but it was almost palpable, emanating from her suddenly in easily scented waves.

indra did not get the chance to address reigi before she had marched off slow and stiff legged towards her boulder.  this was no tantrum.  reigi would not flee the valley or seek alexander's love for once more it had been made more than clear -- 

no matter how hard she worked or no matter what she desperately tried to secure, reigi would always be beneath the redleaf girls.  and she would never understand why.
3/3
Messages In This Thread
can you still sleep, the way i used to? - by Indra - March 05, 2018, 10:55 PM
RE: can you still sleep, the way i used to? - by Xan - March 06, 2018, 06:55 AM
RE: can you still sleep, the way i used to? - by Indra - March 07, 2018, 08:00 PM
RE: can you still sleep, the way i used to? - by Reigi - March 08, 2018, 08:16 PM
RE: can you still sleep, the way i used to? - by Xan - March 17, 2018, 08:33 AM
RE: can you still sleep, the way i used to? - by Indra - March 17, 2018, 12:21 PM
RE: can you still sleep, the way i used to? - by Reigi - March 17, 2018, 12:41 PM
RE: can you still sleep, the way i used to? - by Xan - March 27, 2018, 04:45 AM
RE: can you still sleep, the way i used to? - by Indra - March 27, 2018, 10:04 AM
RE: can you still sleep, the way i used to? - by Reigi - March 27, 2018, 11:36 AM
RE: can you still sleep, the way i used to? - by Xan - April 24, 2018, 11:36 PM