Horizon Ridge your anger is frightening the sand
2 / 3 THREADS
1,022 Posts
Ooc — Chelsie
Guardian
She only witnessed Furi's scuff-skip through the sand because she glanced back, face crinkled with amusement at her comment, exactly as it happened. She stopped dead and turned around, prepared to help the wolf up from the ground, but the frosted she-wolf caught her own landing and seemed to exude an air of purposeful clumsiness. Wylla's lips tugged upward with mirth. Some forest wolf or something, not used to the sand, she assumed.

"It's slippery," she said, gesturing with her dark nose at the grains underfoot. "It's not so bad where it's wet but the dry stuff... man. If I hadn't grown up on a beach, I'd have a really hard time keeping my feet here." She drove one forepaw down into the sand and then lifted it up, allowing the small pile amassed on top to trickle off. "It's like if rock became water," she marveled, "but couldn't quite get that far." Wylla was willing to bet that it was possible to submerge yourself in sand, just like water, but she thought it would weigh a lot more and hadn't tried it herself.

"Dickweed walks like a pro on it," she noted with a hint of sourness in her tone as she cast her gaze back at Furi, "so I bet he lives on the beach, too. S'probably why I always run into him here. You been on beaches much?"
Messages In This Thread
your anger is frightening the sand - by Mallaidh - April 04, 2018, 09:24 AM
RE: your anger is frightening the sand - by Wylla - April 10, 2018, 01:48 PM
RE: your anger is frightening the sand - by Mallaidh - April 10, 2018, 04:32 PM
RE: your anger is frightening the sand - by Wylla - April 22, 2018, 04:36 PM
RE: your anger is frightening the sand - by Mallaidh - April 29, 2018, 03:32 PM
RE: your anger is frightening the sand - by Wylla - April 29, 2018, 07:31 PM
RE: your anger is frightening the sand - by Mallaidh - May 05, 2018, 03:15 PM
RE: your anger is frightening the sand - by Wylla - May 07, 2018, 12:30 PM
RE: your anger is frightening the sand - by Mallaidh - May 07, 2018, 01:52 PM
RE: your anger is frightening the sand - by Wylla - May 20, 2018, 01:50 PM
RE: your anger is frightening the sand - by Mallaidh - June 05, 2018, 05:52 AM