Heron Lake Plateau I fought death and lost.
1,002 Posts
Ooc — Houkie
Midwife
Master Medic
ASSEMBLIES @___@

After the big confrontation between the whole pack and Titmouse's band of friends, Raven's stress level was dialed up to eleven and the day that had elapsed since had done little to calm her nerves. She urgently wanted to seek out her younger brother for all sorts of reasons, but for now she felt that she was needed more at home. Or..."home", as it were. The journey from the caldera had been tiring enough without the additional strain of a turf war, and Raven was concerned about the well-being of her companions, particularly the younger ones. She had busied herself most of the day checking in on everyone and, when she had spare time, scouting the plateau for areas where she might collect fresh plants and herbs for a new medicine stash.

She slept in fits and starts beneath a copse of scraggly trees, but she happened to be awake when Towhee's call rose on the night air. Its message was intended specifically for her, and Raven knew that tone -- her sister was hurt and needed her help. The medic rose, shook out her coat, took a moment to orient on Towhee's direction, and immediately set off at a brisk lope.

She had no idea where she was going in this unfamiliar place, but fortunately she didn't have to travel long as Towhee met her somewhere in the middle. Raven could smell the faint scent of blood as she drew near to the young alpha, and after licking her chin in a gesture of comfort and greeting, she eyed Towhee's face with concern. The light of the crescent moon was dim when it peeked out behind the clouds that scooted across the sky, but the healer's eyes were sharp and she could make out the cuts on Towhee's face. "Did Titmouse do this to you?" she asked, signing along with her words so that Towhee could better understand her in the darkness.
Messages In This Thread
I fought death and lost. - by Towhee - April 20, 2018, 10:38 PM
RE: I fought death and lost. - by Raven - April 20, 2018, 11:00 PM
RE: I fought death and lost. - by Towhee - April 20, 2018, 11:19 PM
RE: I fought death and lost. - by Raven - April 20, 2018, 11:42 PM
RE: I fought death and lost. - by Towhee - April 21, 2018, 08:50 AM
RE: I fought death and lost. - by Raven - April 21, 2018, 07:48 PM
RE: I fought death and lost. - by Towhee - April 22, 2018, 09:23 AM
RE: I fought death and lost. - by Raven - April 22, 2018, 03:04 PM
RE: I fought death and lost. - by Towhee - April 22, 2018, 03:13 PM
RE: I fought death and lost. - by Raven - April 22, 2018, 03:24 PM
RE: I fought death and lost. - by Towhee - April 22, 2018, 08:00 PM