The Floodlands You never go to parties.
612 Posts
Ooc — Jennifer
If you saw this post earlier, I majorly reworked it because I think it made 0 sense and I missed the point entirely when I looked back, oops.

It seemed like a certain amount of pressure had been released from him saying what was on his mind.  It was one thing he didn't have to worry about in the future.  Though he still had Raven as his great dark secret, pun and all, Towhee hadn't said anything, so for now she was safe.  It sounded like Colt had really messed up -- he hadn't actually communicated a point.  Quixote would have to hunt him down later and get his side of things.  Sigh.

But for the rest, Quixote approached the subject with an even keel, and even though Towhee was irritated, he couldn't blame her.  It wasn't a topic that favored her and it was a thin line to balance on his side.  Quixote wasn't challenging her, but he wasn't the sort to just decide everything was fine when it wasn't.  He slightly shook his head. Nah. I said if you get the right people around you, should be fine.  No clue who those would be, but he did wonder if it was maybe not the betas, not that he had any better suggestions.  He couldn't read minds or see the future, so who knew.  I'd agree that not everything's perfect and sunny now -- the fight pretty much proved that -- but at least most problems should be fixable.  Quixote worried about the things that could be changed, Colt had fixated more on what he couldn't (or wouldn't, if he just didn't want to challenge for the rank).

He looped it around back to the initial question as talking through it made him make a slightly more solid decision, I've tried to do what I can to help out when something's going bad, hence stepping up at the just-mentioned conflict, but it's mostly just been damage control. I guess people might listen to me more if I had a title, but I'm definitely not anywhere  near perfect, and there's no saying I'd agree with everything you do.  Still, pretty vague.  He wasn't demanding anything and seemed to be quite happy with the status quo if she wanted to leave it as is.
Messages In This Thread
You never go to parties. - by Towhee - April 25, 2018, 08:24 AM
RE: You never go to parties. - by Quixote - April 25, 2018, 03:10 PM
RE: You never go to parties. - by Towhee - April 25, 2018, 03:28 PM
RE: You never go to parties. - by Quixote - April 25, 2018, 04:29 PM
RE: You never go to parties. - by Towhee - April 25, 2018, 05:14 PM
RE: You never go to parties. - by Quixote - April 25, 2018, 06:51 PM
RE: You never go to parties. - by Towhee - April 25, 2018, 08:37 PM
RE: You never go to parties. - by Quixote - April 25, 2018, 09:58 PM
RE: You never go to parties. - by Towhee - April 26, 2018, 08:01 AM
RE: You never go to parties. - by Quixote - April 26, 2018, 03:17 PM
RE: You never go to parties. - by Towhee - April 26, 2018, 03:29 PM