Swiftcurrent Creek On melancholy hill
2 / 3 THREADS
1,022 Posts
Ooc — Chelsie
Guardian
She had the fleeting thought that maybe Wylla meant something bad in another language, but as quickly as it came, it was gone. Rysk pulled her attention back too quickly to latch onto the notion; he asked what happened and she snorted. "Lots," she said noncommittally, taking a moment to settle herself more comfortably on the shoreline. Once her belly was against the cool stones and her paws were tucked under her, she shared, "I led a pack on the coast not long ago.

We weren't the welcoming sort,"
she explained, "most of the wolves there were family or family-of-family. I was elected leader by my brothers and I did a lot to keep it safe for them and their kin. For whatever reason, none of them respected me as leader, not even from the first." She sighed and licked her lips. "Two wolves bred without permission. I told the male half there'd be consequences for that. He said he would accept them, but when the time came for him to do so, he spat in my face and refused my authority. His mate also thinks she's queen of the world despite contributing nothing and threatened me, so I told her she could lead. See how it feels to be so disrespected."

"There were others before them, wolves whose names don't even matter, that's how relevant they were, but similar story, no respect for authority. They meant nothing to me," she heaved a sigh, "but then I found out my own brother didn't respect me enough to ask before he also fathered a litter without permission, even though he knew the answer would have been yes." She frowned, licked her lips, and said, "I left that night. Even I know when I'm not wanted somewhere." Finally, she pointed out, "my brother and I tried to pull a prank on Durnehviir and Constantine when we were rival packs. They still hold a grudge. I'm not even sure how safe I am here, but it's the only place I have."

Propping herself up on her elbows and hoping he wouldn't run right back to their leaders with her misgivings, Wylla twisted to face the aptly named Rysk and asked, "what's your story? You don't have to share, but now you know mine, so seems right to ask."
Messages In This Thread
On melancholy hill - by Rysk - April 30, 2018, 11:14 AM
RE: On melancholy hill - by Wylla - April 30, 2018, 11:52 AM
RE: On melancholy hill - by Rysk - April 30, 2018, 01:47 PM
RE: On melancholy hill - by Wylla - April 30, 2018, 06:06 PM
RE: On melancholy hill - by Rysk - May 01, 2018, 06:33 AM
RE: On melancholy hill - by Wylla - May 01, 2018, 01:49 PM
RE: On melancholy hill - by Rysk - May 01, 2018, 04:09 PM
RE: On melancholy hill - by Wylla - May 07, 2018, 12:53 PM
RE: On melancholy hill - by Rysk - May 07, 2018, 04:11 PM
RE: On melancholy hill - by Wylla - May 20, 2018, 10:27 PM
RE: On melancholy hill - by Rysk - May 21, 2018, 01:44 PM