Heron Lake Plateau machines just got workings, and they talk to me
1,002 Posts
Ooc — Houkie
Midwife
Master Medic
She couldn’t help but smile as he mentioned his terror at talking to Towhee. While she hoped that time would mend the rift between them, she couldn’t blame him for being intimidated by her younger sister. Tow was a force to be reckoned with, and Quixote’s experience with her had been less than stellar up to this point. But underneath the young Redhawk’s hard exterior was a warm heart and a kind soul, and she knew that it wouldn’t take long for Quixote to see that side of Towhee too.

His comment about the Blackthorns giving her a hard time touched her. She wasn’t used to someone being so protective of her and she loved it. She reached forward and tenderly nuzzled his cheek, affection warm in her eyes. She hoped he never stopped doing that. ”Don’t worry about them,” she replied, her voice gentle despite the hard feelings that lingered within. ”I don’t plan to go visiting anytime soon. Finley owes me an apology. I’ll probably never get it, but I guess we’ll find out.”

After a moment, he rose and out of nowhere, produced a duck and presented it to her. Its sleek feathers glistened with multitudes of iridescent colors in the bright afternoon sun, and the warmth of life had not yet completely vacated its still form. She sniffed at it appreciatively and looked up at him with delight clear in her face. She knew how proud he must have felt to have finally caught one of the elusive birds, and it meant a great deal to her that he had saved it just for her. ”Oh, Qui,” she said softly, rising and stepping forward to push her nose into his neck fur again. She smiled and kissed the warm skin hidden beneath the black fur. ”What a wonderful treat, thank you. How’d you finally manage to snag it?”
Messages In This Thread
RE: machines just got workings, and they talk to me - by Raven - May 17, 2018, 02:42 AM