Heron Lake Plateau Sometimes we're only flying for a while
2,311 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
Advisor
Master Coach
Elwood didn’t offer any agreement on her assessment of Raven’s character, but he did at least share her concerns for what the position could do to her. Fin sighed and shook her head in answer to his question, not realizing it was rhetorical. It wasn’t until he asked an additional question that she realized she’d kind of left out a key piece of the story... one that made her glance around for Cinder in hopes of using him as a puppy shield again while she told it.

”Well... she’s uh... if I had to guess...” Fin said hesitantly, her ears falling back as she lowered her head a bit, ”She’s probably the new beta...?” She winced as she searched his face for a reaction, but sighed soon enough and threw her anxiety and hesitation to the wind. There was nothing for it - what was done was done.

”I kind of stepped down after I heard...” she explained, ”But only like... 5% because I’m upset about what Towhee did, I swear. I just feel like it’s time, and if this has shown me nothing else it’s that I need to put my energy into what I’m actually good at, and clearly leading this pack is not it. I mean, it used to be, but I think it’s time for the next generation to be in charge, completely this time. Without us old crones harping on about our goals and pushing our agendas when our kids clearly have different ideas about the ways things should be. I just think it’s time to let them loose, I guess.”

Fin frowned as she considered further, then added, ”I’m just tired, Bear. I think we bears just need to raise our cubs and leave the leading to the younger bears.” There was no doubt in her mind that whatever she did, Elwood would follow. She didn’t like the idea of forcing his hand, but she didn’t consider it that at all. She knew he would willingly do what she thought best, just as she would follow his lead if it differed from hers.[/b][/b]

Messages In This Thread
Sometimes we're only flying for a while - by Elwood - May 10, 2018, 12:05 PM
RE: Sometimes we're only flying for a while - by Tye - May 14, 2018, 07:20 PM
RE: Sometimes we're only flying for a while - by Finley - May 23, 2018, 08:25 PM
RE: Sometimes we're only flying for a while - by Tye - June 03, 2018, 08:04 PM