Heron Lake Plateau Tyrants and kings both meet the same fate, strung up at your city gate
612 Posts
Ooc — Jennifer
Well, at least she seemed vaguely tolerant to the idea of him bringing Colt back.  It wasn't a surprising thing to have happen at all, especially if she had any clue how well they got along.  It appeared the weight of it all was going to sit on whether Towhee sitting at beta now would be enough to soothe Colt's issues.  Honestly, I think he might just really hate X, and though it was kind of a joke, there was a serious thought in it.  Quixote was pretty sure he remembered way more talk about that "damn bird" than direct snark at Towhee, but he could be remembering incorrectly.  Why someone would hate a bird, who knew.  Anyway, it seemed that Towhee had no idea what was up with that kid either.  I dunno.  She seemed way more freaked than I'd expect for just that, but maybe.  Towhee was a lot more familiar with the youths than he was, so maybe Clover was just hideously dramatic and he didn't know.  All he knew her for was being way too feisty during the move.

With the border here and Quixote basically out of steam on that previous subject, he looked over to Towhee again, Is there anything -- anyone -- you think I should keep an eye on?  Even without her probably noticing, he'd definitely calmed down mentally through their talk, if only because things just didn't happen the way he was expecting.  The uncertainty wasn't as vicious as it had been earlier, and though he still knew there was a lot he had to figure out before things were going to roll along happily, maybe it wouldn't be as bad.  Towhee, though, probably had a better perspective of it all since she'd just been at the top of the pyramid, so if she had some sort of direction to point him in, maybe that'd be a good starting point for later.  As darkness continued to fall, it was also probably fortunate for her that other than the Colt thing, he probably wasn't going to be too wordy.
Messages In This Thread
RE: Tyrants and kings both meet the same fate, strung up at your city gate - by Quixote - May 14, 2018, 04:45 PM