Northstar Vale and the walls kept tumbling down
1,293 Posts
Ooc —
Something almost like relief spread through his chest when Delight appeared; guilt, too, and the emotions warred for several beats. He hadn't meant to look so irritated when he actually found his friend. The Governor immediately softened— genuinely, to his own surprise— and moved a little closer.
Perhaps it was simply that he was the only one Alarian knew around here, but he had developed a fondness for the moon-eyed boy's company. He was struck suddenly with the thought that he wasn't Lily, though; he had realized he missed her as much as he missed Lanawyn. The boy wasn't certain yet what that meant, thinking with some panic of Korei and how that had gone (and thinking 'let's not, thanks')— but, now wasn't the time for those thoughts.
Hi, He murmured, smiling faintly. At Delight's comment, he became a little more aware of the burning-itching-sting of the healing wounds decorating his slim frame. Ali was doing better— walking didn't bother him so much, and the initial fatigue of being so injured had faded. The deepest reaches of the wounds were still healing, though, and he knew the journey ahead would be difficult. I am better— thank you. He paused, taking a breath. I would stay for awhile, to repay you for letting me heal here— but my pack needs me now. I could return soon— when I've settled things there, and I can be of use.
Alarian was many things, but he was not a boy fond of being in debt— nor was he particularly fond of being rude to those who showed him kindness. He knew Delight had not mentioned anything of that, but... well, he had to offer. For his own sake, if nothing else; if he was forced to give up his manners, too, he might just go insane.
Messages In This Thread
and the walls kept tumbling down - by Alarian - May 17, 2018, 08:53 PM
RE: and the walls kept tumbling down - by Ariel - May 19, 2018, 11:57 AM
RE: and the walls kept tumbling down - by Alarian - May 19, 2018, 02:07 PM
RE: and the walls kept tumbling down - by Ariel - May 25, 2018, 11:58 AM
RE: and the walls kept tumbling down - by Alarian - May 29, 2018, 01:00 PM
RE: and the walls kept tumbling down - by Ariel - May 31, 2018, 11:25 AM
RE: and the walls kept tumbling down - by Alarian - May 31, 2018, 11:59 AM
RE: and the walls kept tumbling down - by Ariel - June 09, 2018, 07:53 PM
RE: and the walls kept tumbling down - by Alarian - June 13, 2018, 01:43 PM