Northstar Vale and the walls kept tumbling down
1,293 Posts
Ooc —
— and even if he hadn't deserved it, he'd probably have let it happen anyway; watching Delight's relief, he decided it was worth it. Alarian would never shake a certain softness at his core, one that was ultimately selfish. The other boy really didn't need to worry about their friendship at all, though that would surely never come to light. Much as he hated to admit it to himself, he'd do a lot to preserve it. Delight's was the only friendship he had that remained untainted, thus far. Whatever he did, whoever he truly was at his core didn't matter right now— the Governor could disapprove, judge, be upset, but he would not endanger this.
He just worried it would be ruined by something out of his control, now. Of course, Alarian returned, his tone softening too. The other leader's— former?— offer normally might not have inspired any true response, but... well... leader. He paused for several beats, thinking. Maybe— you could help; you've been a leader for awhile, right?
Honestly, he was just guessing; he had no real way of knowing, but he hoped he was right. Either way, he continued. There's a position in my pack— Chancellor. It's directly below my own... well, it was supposed to be my position in the first place. He paused, glancing away for a moment; now was not the time to think about Lennon. But then the pause turned into a full stop as he realized, on top of everything else, the thought of Lennon was too much entirely and he was done speaking. He was sure Delight got the point, anyway.
Messages In This Thread
and the walls kept tumbling down - by Alarian - May 17, 2018, 08:53 PM
RE: and the walls kept tumbling down - by Ariel - May 19, 2018, 11:57 AM
RE: and the walls kept tumbling down - by Alarian - May 19, 2018, 02:07 PM
RE: and the walls kept tumbling down - by Ariel - May 25, 2018, 11:58 AM
RE: and the walls kept tumbling down - by Alarian - May 29, 2018, 01:00 PM
RE: and the walls kept tumbling down - by Ariel - May 31, 2018, 11:25 AM
RE: and the walls kept tumbling down - by Alarian - May 31, 2018, 11:59 AM
RE: and the walls kept tumbling down - by Ariel - June 09, 2018, 07:53 PM
RE: and the walls kept tumbling down - by Alarian - June 13, 2018, 01:43 PM