Heron Lake Plateau I decided to remodel, I'm going for mid-century mob hit
612 Posts
Ooc — Jennifer
Okaaay, I should not post at this hour, I almost lost the whole post when I was almost done because I clicked the x.  This post is probably also like twice as long as it should be, iDK

Every time it always made him wish to coil around her like some sort of snake or something to get closer, envelop her and just keep her there forever. Quixote definitely had some very obvious buttons that Raven seemed to excel at pushing.  She drew a happy whine from him as he tried to inch closer if it were even possible, nibbling at the corner of her jaw.  But he felt he had to check himself instead of getting distracted by completely smothering her in affection, or at least had to if they were going to have a reasonable conversation.  But you always can, he insisted.  Quixote was probably far more loyal to her than he was the pack -- she could say they were running away and he'd follow along without a question.

Let's be real, though, he was awful with that whole feelings thing, but it was incredibly clear that her influence, her touch, was a good thing for him.  If he'd been told to take up the mantle of leadership without her, he probably would have gone down in a ball of fire bigger than Towhee's.  Issues, subscriptions -- he was too paranoid, too easily wrapped up in his own thoughts to have been able to do it without her there to scale what seemed like Everest down to its actual molehill size.  Quixote would pretty much do anything for Raven, and that was the whole reason he was dealing with the job he didn't want.

Again his ears had slid back slightly, dipping his head so he could bump the underside of her chin with the tip of his nose.  He was speaking of a world that was basically foreign to him, metaphorically reaching out a hand for Raven's guidance about what was coming, What about later?  Uh.  He looked away as he tried to sort out his thoughts for a second.  Quixote wanted to talk, but even willingly it was a still a bit like pulling teeth and he didn't know what direction to go in..   My birth pack wasn't exactly big on letting blunt objects like me mingle with pups.  Like, uh.  At all.  And the whole group here had done a damn good job of avoiding him, too.  And again, that whole bad with feelings thing, which didn't help him explain, But... I did always want a family and stuff.  I just... don't want to mess anything up.  He just knew more about how to make them then what to do after, classy.  His eyes traced down Raven's side to the slight swell of her belly.  Though he'd watched it slowly appear from her otherwise slim figure, thinking much about it still gave him that fluttery feeling he couldn't quite nail a name to.
Messages In This Thread
RE: I decided to remodel, I'm going for mid-century mob hit - by Quixote - May 28, 2018, 04:58 AM