Heron Lake Plateau I decided to remodel, I'm going for mid-century mob hit
612 Posts
Ooc — Jennifer
This momentary confident high was one he was keen to surf until it dumped him.  Things were good -- here hew as curled up in a rainstorm under a tree with the mother of his upcoming pups and no epic drama was going down, it was just them.  The world outside the little bubble of the tree didn't matter, cold and wetness were part of life, but Raven doubting things wasn't going to be allowed.  What are you even talking about?  As I've said, you're amazing -- kind and smart and beautiful and... Everything -- you even put up with my nonsense.  I should be the only one wondering why---  He jerked away suddenly, leaning forward as he rubbed at his eye with a paw -- though the occasional drops that hit them mostly went unnoticed, he'd gotten nailed square in the eye by that one.  Something always had to ruin the moment.  Agh, dammit.  Still trying to clear his vision, he tried to reply.  What was he saying?  -- Uh.  Um. Yeah.  Blah blah, I have issues and should be the only one wondering why you stuck with me.  I'd have probably taken the pack down in a giant fireball without you.  Somehow.  A few final blinks and he tried to settle in next to her again as if nothing had happened.  Stupid weather.

It didn't take too long for that irritation to fade, and about when it did, it was about when Raven looked back to speak to him again, though she could have melted it in a moment anyway.  Even before she finished, his throat felt dry as his subconscious picked up everything and ran the hell away with it.  Honestly, Quixote probably only heard about half of what she said.  His voice had lost the majority of the earlier confidence as he asked quietly, Should we revisit 'pending'?
Messages In This Thread
RE: I decided to remodel, I'm going for mid-century mob hit - by Quixote - June 03, 2018, 02:24 AM