Heron Lake Plateau I decided to remodel, I'm going for mid-century mob hit
612 Posts
Ooc — Jennifer
To a certain point she had Eljay to thank for it.  He'd managed to dredge up a nice reminder to Quixote since he'd pretty much forgotten the whole thing wasn't official.  If he hadn't, it likely would have leaked out at some inopportune time and who knew what would happen with that.  It probably would have been hilarious to read.  OH WELL.

It was a good thing that he had this convenient euphemism so he could ask, because to a certain point Quixote was a coward.  He was terrified of being wrong, of saying too much, of ruining something perfect.  But that had been succinct and vague enough that it was relatively easy to say.  Other things weren't, even if he knew them, believed them, and could act on them.  Raven in all her perfection, even with the weather having done its best to ruin some of her refinement, was still too much of an intimidating audience and he was too much of a failure with words.

Those few seconds after he asked were torture, just waiting for an answer even if he could guess what she'd say.  And then she nodded.  It was a weight lifting.  There weren't questions any more -- others' assumptions didn't matter, nothing had gone terribly wrong, and the days of secrecy were well behind them now.  It was just them, their pack, and soon their kids too.  So much had happened. If he went back a few months and told past-Quixote what his status was now, he was pretty sure he wouldn't believe himself either -- that somehow after the years of stuff going wrong, now things were so... right?  Maybe.  At least it was a word that could fit.

A nod was all he needed, crooning as he leaned perhaps a bit too heavily in her direction in order to cover her in excited kisses.  It sort of meant more now, didn't it?  They were together, for real -- Raven was his.  Couldn't blame a guy for being happy that something that had been a very far away dream had somehow turned into a reality that was perhaps even better than he expected -- after all, look who he was with.
Messages In This Thread
RE: I decided to remodel, I'm going for mid-century mob hit - by Quixote - June 04, 2018, 04:18 AM