Heron Lake Plateau I decided to remodel, I'm going for mid-century mob hit
612 Posts
Ooc — Jennifer
Quixote, too, would have preferred to have been able to keep themselves hidden away, but leadership had meant they were practically on display -- and the land didn't help either.  Sigh.  Could they just go back to being subordinates so there were no responsibilities except to each other as mates?   If only.  He still wasn't exactly fond of the title of alpha.  At least they were far enough away from all the other packs that they could probably be more lax about some things and get away with it.

He'd find somewhere safe, somewhere she'd like -- certainly his tactical background would at least help with the former -- anything and everything for her.  I'll have to keep an eye out for something, then.  I think I know of a few areas worth exploring.  Maybe they wouldn't entirely disappoint him.  Raven was doing a good job at keeping him from just hyperfocusing on the idea, and though for a moment his face had shifted to be more serious, his expression had softened again.  He returned a line of kisses down her muzzle before straying slightly to start grooming her cheek, moving down to the longer, soft fur of her neck.  He paused there just a moment, letting his nose enjoy the weird but now familiar undertone to Raven's scent that had developed with her pregnancy -- that little hint of the future.

Though I still would've picked a different territory entirely, if it was up to me, he said with a wry smile.  Get him some caves he didn't have to dig, some nice trees... Something that wasn't like here.   Maybe later it would seem appropriate to move again, to somewhere more permanent and properly-scouted.  Somewhere that was actually their choice, if they had to continue to put up with this whole leadership thing.
Messages In This Thread
RE: I decided to remodel, I'm going for mid-century mob hit - by Quixote - June 13, 2018, 05:26 PM