Heron Lake Plateau I decided to remodel, I'm going for mid-century mob hit
1,002 Posts
Ooc — Houkie
Midwife
Master Medic
Fry the next few months or freeze half to death in the winter. Of the two options, the latter sounded far worse. At least in the summertime, they could jump in the lake for some relief from the beating sun and its wretched heat. But in the winter, there was no escaping the killer cold. She figured the snow would likely be deep and nearly impassible atop the plateau itself, and the lake would be a dangerous hazard if it didn't freeze deeply enough. There was no question that another move was probably in their near future, but it would definitely have to wait until sometime in the fall, when the puppies were old enough to move without risking their health or safety.

Not that there was any need to travel as far as they had when they came here. "I don't think they'd complain too much if it meant not freezing their butts off," she replied to his question with a shrug. "There are some nice woodlands nearby that would be much better shelter in winter than here, and we wouldn't have to travel far at all." Golden Glade was a wonderful spot, but its positioning between the face of the plateau and the slopes of the neighboring peak meant high avalanche danger when the snows came. Perhaps over the next few months, they could spend some time exploring some of the neighboring areas to get a better idea of what their options were when the time came to choose.
Messages In This Thread
RE: I decided to remodel, I'm going for mid-century mob hit - by Raven - June 16, 2018, 08:24 PM