Broken Boulder feels like i am falling down a rabbit hole
1,293 Posts
Ooc —
oof, sorry; exit Ali unless she stops him!
edit for some clarification: once I get our ranks fixed, General will be considered part of the upper tier (still under the Senate).
you can assume she has been told the basic rank structure or not LMAO, idm either way
Immediately his ears slicked back, eyes widening with shock— and some hurt, if he was honest. Perhaps a short time ago he would have taken the outburst lying down, met her with understanding; that was what everyone expected of him, wasn't it? But what if he couldn't be that anymore? The Governor's gaze hardened. It was unfair of him, he knew, but—
Something in his chest tightened harshly. He valued his home immeasurably, and had allowed her in nonetheless; her and her pups that tormented him so much— before they were even here, tangible. Now she complained about rank— about his family's supposed indifference— about his own attempts at concern. Pregnant and freshly uprooted or not, he was insulted.
I was unaware of your mercenary experience, He began stiffly, rising to his feet now. Consider yourself promoted, General. It was perhaps the pettiest thing he had ever done, but, well, oops.
When you decide whether you want someone to care or not, The Governor continued as he turned to leave, glancing back at her only once. You can find me. The words came with a cooler edge than he had intended.
With that, the Governor left; more deliberately, more confidently than he had thought himself capable. But you'd best believe he was totally fleeing— all the way to the Bracken Woods, if Queenie did not stop him.
Messages In This Thread
Q - by RIP Stephanie - May 25, 2018, 07:54 PM
RE: feels like i am falling down a rabbit hole - by Alarian - May 26, 2018, 10:27 AM