Heron Lake Plateau sky fire above, ice below the hearth
1,002 Posts
Ooc — Houkie
Midwife
Master Medic
What Ceara pulled up and showed to her wasn't yarrow, and the medic shook her head. It looked like just a small white daisy, but it was okay. Flowers were one of those things that were hard to identify by description alone, because thousands of plants had "bright white flowers", as Raven had said. They continued to walk, and the alpha was pleased at Ceara's willingness to act as a messenger to Roz's pack. "It'll probably be in the next day or so," she explained. "I'm treating a friend of my sister's who was injured by a bobcat. She's too hurt to return home and she needs a message carried to her pack. I'll howl for you when I confirm the details with her. It's up to you who goes with you, though. You're welcome to travel alone if you want, but for safety's sake, I'd prefer if you had a partner."

As they neared the thicket, she spied the telltale snow-white bunches characteristic of yarrow flowers and said with a smile, "There we go!" Pointing them out to Ceara, they approached and Raven explained further, "Everything from the blossom down to the root is useful. I like to grab hold of them as close to the ground as possible when I pull them up. Makes it easier to get some of the root along with it." And she did so, demonstrating her technique to Ceara in the process. A thin clump soon hung in her teeth, complete with a few hairy, dirt-flecked tendrils of root at the ends.
Messages In This Thread
sky fire above, ice below the hearth - by Raven - June 02, 2018, 03:37 PM
RE: sky fire above, ice below the hearth - by Fire - June 02, 2018, 04:49 PM
RE: sky fire above, ice below the hearth - by Raven - June 02, 2018, 11:30 PM
RE: sky fire above, ice below the hearth - by Fire - June 03, 2018, 12:03 AM
RE: sky fire above, ice below the hearth - by Raven - June 03, 2018, 12:37 AM
RE: sky fire above, ice below the hearth - by Fire - June 03, 2018, 06:11 PM
RE: sky fire above, ice below the hearth - by Raven - June 04, 2018, 02:39 AM
RE: sky fire above, ice below the hearth - by Fire - June 04, 2018, 07:42 AM
RE: sky fire above, ice below the hearth - by Raven - June 05, 2018, 12:10 AM
RE: sky fire above, ice below the hearth - by Fire - June 05, 2018, 06:45 AM
RE: sky fire above, ice below the hearth - by Raven - June 07, 2018, 10:53 PM