Heron Lake Plateau Flavor cats (in the comfort zone)
612 Posts
Ooc — Jennifer
2muchtext

Yeah he was totally gonna tease Raven about it -- mark that on the list, #1 thing to do tonight.  Quixote didn't seem to react much if at all to her change of posture, even if inwardly he was a little amused.  Getting messed up seems to be the theme of the month.  We're all gonna drive Raven batty.

But then the subject changed.  The war, eh?  Fun stuff, he'd be talking a while.  He nodded his head to indicate she should join him, Yeah, uh.. Short version I guess.  Can explain more if you want.  Quixote shifted slightly over to the side so that when he carefully took a seat, a scraggly I-guess-that's-a-bush gave him a tiny bit of shade across his back.  Even the short version of the story was pretty long, but maybe that was because Quixote wasn't a great storyteller.

Before I joined up -- was in the fall or something I think -- I guess one of the nearby packs, Blackfeather Woods, started causing trouble.  Like attacking and kidnapping people -- and not even being too smart about it by picking lones, they went after pack wolves, too.  They ended up capturing one of Towhee and Raven's sisters -- the one from Drageda -- and holding her captive, and I guess when they finally let her go or she escaped or something, she was in a really bad state.  Or at least, that's what he could vaguely remember -- he'd been given a cursory backstory about it and it had kind of been a while.  Towhee's probably best to ask about that though, which he chose partially because she was the one who told him, and also because she was the most interested in fighting stuff.

I joined some time after that -- maybe a stupid choice to walk out of one war into another, but figured I could help them plan tactical stuff, and it was a better choice than some of the other weirdos I met.  That was under Finley and Elwood as alphas, if it matters.  Eventually Drageda came over for the final planning, we sent away the pups and stuff so they'd be safe, and the rest of us went on over, split into groups and attacked.  We ended up winning and all the Blackfeather wolves scattered to the wind.  Temporarily of course.

He tilted his head, Was supposed to have a third pack in the mix too, Moonspear, but they never showed -- I dunno if they sorted out their issues on their own, or apparently Screech had some problems with them so that might have caused trouble too.  Honestly he was pretty unsure about how Moonspear fit in -- he swore he remembered Towhee saying Screech caused problems with them, but she didn't think they were worth worrying about now at all.  Maybe he was just more paranoid.

Later, for whatever bizarre and illogical reason, they moved back into the forest again.  Maybe had a new leader, but Towhee -- she was alpha by then -- didn't want to stick around to find out if the new management changed anything.  So now we're here.  I would have rather just seen if that guy was more reasonable than the last one so we wouldn't have to go halfway across the planet but eh.  Wasn't my call.  Shrug.  That was about all he could think of though, but he'd been babbling quite long enough that it was time for her to ask some questions if she had 'em.
Messages In This Thread
Flavor cats (in the comfort zone) - by Quixote - June 04, 2018, 07:50 PM
RE: Flavor cats (in the comfort zone) - by Fire - June 06, 2018, 05:10 PM
RE: Flavor cats (in the comfort zone) - by Quixote - June 06, 2018, 08:52 PM
RE: Flavor cats (in the comfort zone) - by Fire - June 06, 2018, 09:19 PM
RE: Flavor cats (in the comfort zone) - by Quixote - June 06, 2018, 10:33 PM
RE: Flavor cats (in the comfort zone) - by Fire - June 09, 2018, 02:40 AM
RE: Flavor cats (in the comfort zone) - by Quixote - June 09, 2018, 03:34 AM
RE: Flavor cats (in the comfort zone) - by Fire - June 11, 2018, 07:37 PM
RE: Flavor cats (in the comfort zone) - by Quixote - June 11, 2018, 08:14 PM
RE: Flavor cats (in the comfort zone) - by Fire - June 24, 2018, 02:28 PM
RE: Flavor cats (in the comfort zone) - by Quixote - June 24, 2018, 09:30 PM