Heron Lake Plateau The Bright Fire
a determination so powerful it could turn the sky storm black
683 Posts
Ooc — Athena

She just kind of froze.  She would have shrugged but she didn't really want to move.  No, I'm good.

But she was too old now for this to be innocent, and it kind of made her uncomfortable.  Haha.  God.  Hopefully it was just a quick summer rain and it'd pass soon enough.  So anyway, you were saying?

600 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Nev remained silent, just giving her a rather concerned look. He wanted to be sure that she was okay, and no doubt even if he was sure he would still ask. Worried about her own well being over his own. It was how he had usually been, with others. Caring about others over himself, and he got nervous a lot thinking he'd end up doing too much that he'd end up annoying them.

"S-Saying?" For a moment, it had escaped his mind that he had gone into a trance like state next to her.
683 Posts
Ooc — Athena

We could take turns if you're really worried about it, she offered, but really, I'm fine.  She shivered once involuntarily before she steeled herself against the cool breeze.

600 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Nevouku sighed, laying his chin against the ground. He still felt guilty, that she was taking the cold and that he had run into her. And that obviously, he had seen something that she was not, and no doubt said things he had not meant. At least not to her. He sighed again, quietly.
683 Posts
Ooc — Athena

He didn't say anything in response.  Instead, he rested against the ground and began to sigh dramatically, and she tilted her head.  Are you sure you're okay?  Her voice was soft and more tender than she'd intended.  It's okay, you know.  She presumed he was upset about his most recent hallucination.

600 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Nevouku lifted his head just off the ground, giving one short nod. He was sure he was okay...At least, he thought so. After a very long pause, he finally spoke. "It's just...someone I miss a lot" he said, feeling like he was just going to start crying again. Like he was going to break apart again, like a dam under stress from a flood.
683 Posts
Ooc — Athena

She thought of Tuathal.  Oh, she said, her brows furrowed together.  I'm sorry.  She touched her nose to Nevouku's forehead, the corners of her mouth twitched down.  I wish I could help.

600 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Nevouku looked to her. He was seeing her, but not her again, as she touched her nose to his forehead. It seemed so familiar, the touch. And he suddenly got happy, like he was seeing something that had been missing. "Y-You're here....you're here, I...I thought you..."
683 Posts
Ooc — Athena

Oh no, not this again.  Hey, Nev?  Her ears pinned back, a worried but frankly uncomfortable expression painted across her features.  She wanted to help, she just needed to find something that worked, something that could snap him back to reality when he needed it.  

600 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Nevouku was seeing her. His lost mate. Without even thinking, he put his face under her neck. If he knew who this was really, he would have know this would not be tolerated. "I missed y-you, dear" he found himself murmuring. Doing something that would only end up getting him in trouble with Fire.
683 Posts
Ooc — Athena

All of a sudden she was reeling, her heart caught in her throat.  His quick motion towards her throat caused her to stiffen, but as he buried his nose into her fur she only pitied him.  It was cruel to let him think that she was his mate, and she felt bad for not playing along, but.. Nev, hey, I'm sorry.. I'm not.. who you want me to be, she thought, but couldn't finish.

600 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Nevouku was having deaf ears, he heard something but only what he wanted to hear. He snuggled up, rubbing himself like he would with her. "I missed you" he was saying, feeling like he wanted to cry out sadly. How he had missed her...
683 Posts
Ooc — Athena

Hey, she said more forcefully, cut it out.  She pulled from him in a panic — she didn't think he would hurt her.. she didn't think he could, but she didn't like his close proximity to her because although she might have enjoyed it if he was sound of mind, she wasn't about to take advantage of someone who had a few tools missing from the upstairs shed.  Nev, please.

Her ears splayed as she crouched a few feet from him, eyes wide with worry.

600 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Nev felt loved, feeling her so close to him. So...where was the warmth? He opened his eyes, and say Fire. Fire, away from him. "F-Fire? Why are you over there?" And why did she looked worried? Looking at him? Like...

His own expression fell, and he whined lowly. "I-I...I'm sorry..." He couldn't believe it. Again...he'd done so again.
683 Posts
Ooc — Athena

continue or archive, your choice!  i'd love another.

See, there was that thing again.  He was sorry, he didn't mean it, and he couldn't help it.  All of the above were true... she just had a hard time handling it.  Um, I'm.. I'm sorry.  She swallowed back her thoughts and took a step back into the rain.  I'm gonna go.  She gave him a beat to stop her, if he chose... but if he didn't, she was gone.

600 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Nevouku wanted to follow, to apologize profusely till she accepted his apology. Feeling it was all his fault, not realizing what was happening to him really. "B-But Br-" Then she was gone, out into the rain. He wanted to follow, but he felt sad. And cold. And the rain would make him more cold...except his heart. It could not feel colder at that moment.