Emberwood clear skies
564 Posts
Ooc — Fira
Private 
@Donoma - Sorry for the wait on this.

Grezig lay in a patch of dappled sunlight that filtered down through a break in the trees. It was not too hot and not too cold so laying in the sun like this was quite comfortable. It was around noon and she was feeling sleepy. She’d done her morning routine, patrolling the borders of the forest and catching small mammals for anyone who might be hungry. Now she was taking a well-deserved break, her brown eyes drifting closed as she began to doze lightly. She wondered if this is what it would eventually be like to be part of a real pack, whenever they settled down. Calm and fulfilling like this…
Misae — "White sun"
17 Posts
Ooc — Ajax
No need to apologize! Also, I'm assuming this takes place after Donoma finally meets the others in . & sorry this is so short!!

Donoma had flattened a cluster of ferns into a makeshift aerie, fervently rubbing her muzzle and cheeks against the soft bedding until it was compacted enough to function as a cot. Satisfied with her craftsmanship, the bitch laid down atop the springy foliage with a soft snort of content, parting her jaws to allow a lengthy yawn to escape from her silvery bosom.

What a splendid noontide sanctuary. I haven't felt this relaxed in ages. she commented idly to a taupe woman who was situated nearby, basking in the glow of a few scattered sunbeams that winked at the forest floor through a breach in the canopy.

I don't believe we've spoken yet. Would you mind if I asked for a name? the wolfess inquired gaily, the edges of her eyes creased in a gentle smile.
564 Posts
Ooc — Fira
Grezig, stop being such a butt.

Grezig’s eyes fluttered when a far off voice spoke to her. She shook herself to wake up a bit more and lifted her head. “What?” she asked, still half-asleep. Then the words got through to her brain. “Oh. I’m Grezig.” Another recruit, surely. Normally, she would have followed up with a what’s-your-name? but she was too sleepy today and plopped her head back down onto her paws. Why did this woman want to speak to her while she was clearly napping? She closed her eyes and tried to fall back to sleep again…
Misae — "White sun"
17 Posts
Ooc — Ajax
I'm delighted to meet you, Grezig. You can call me Donoma. the female replied with a single wag, unphased by her weary temperament.

How long have you been traveling with the band? Donoma asked, lowering her pale chin to rest comfortably against the tops of her forelegs. She studied the bitch curiously — it'd taken more confidence than she'd like to admit to initiate the conversation, and she was determined not to let her efforts slip away.
564 Posts
Ooc — Fira
“Mm,” Grezig responded noncommittally. The name she had been given was already drifting out of her mind. Why wasn’t this woman getting the point? Grezig was trying to sleep! When Donoma asked another question, she finally gave up on her nap and lifted her head, giving the other female a very pointed, irritated look before responded, “A while.” If Donoma was going to ruin her nap, she was not going to get much out of Grezig. “You?” Her eyebrow lifted and she gave Donoma a once-over, grazing her brown eyes over the other’s form, just looking for something to criticize. This is what happened when you got on Grezig’s bad side.
Misae — "White sun"
17 Posts
Ooc — Ajax
I'm so sorry that you've had to wait so long for my reply. Real life has been really busy the last week, and I forgot to drop in and mention that I'd be absent for a while.

Not long. she uttered, recoiling from the sudden agitation that crept into the woman's voice, scuffing her claws against the bedding beneath her snout. Pivoting an ear in the opposite direction, the silver female listened to the idle warbling of the surrounding woodland, trying to decide on whether or not to continue chatting.
564 Posts
Ooc — Fira
Grezig grunted at the female’s words, and then sighed when she turned away and stopped speaking. Good. Maybe she could actually sleep now. With a snort, she lay her head back down onto her paws and closed her eyes, curling her body around herself and facing away from Donoma in the hopes of giving off a vibe that said, ‘Leave me the hell alone and let me sleep.’ Her mind drifted here and there as she began to space out again. Quickly, she was snoring, a light insistent sound that jarred with the birdsong and the sound of a creek nearby.

[Exit unless woken up again. Sorry she wasn’t in the talking mood LOL. Maybe we could make a new one where she’s awake?]
Misae — "White sun"
17 Posts
Ooc — Ajax
Read Only 
Yeah I think making a new one where they're both active/awake would be best, I'm not sure how to reintroduce conversation back into the thread rn jgiu