Sunset Valley and leave you like they left me here
1,293 Posts
Ooc —
In a way, it really was unfair; Alarian couldn't bring himself to feel wronged anymore. The absence of that feeling brought something far more twisted. Aditya was normally so kind— so level. Perhaps he had inspired such a reaction. Nevermind that the other had just wasted a fair amount of time assuring him of the opposite. Of course Aditya would do that, right?
You should, He agreed softly, most of his focus going into masking the emotions rising within him. Self-loathing, mainly; it was just like him to draw out the worst in others and make them believe it was their fault. He never meant to, and perhaps that made it worse. There was a fair amount of guilt, too. Aditya had already been hurt— and he had made it worse.
He rose to his feet quite suddenly, blinking and looking down as dizziness washed over him. I should— get back before they send out a search party. The joke came a little tiredly. Um, by the way, I'm— sorry. For all of that. Y'know, I don't see you any differently than I did before— you're a good man, Aditya, and a good friend.
And it was technically true; he didn't see Aditya differently. He just... felt differently, now. Oh, and... For what it's worth, the only disappointing part was when you ran away, He stretched out his forelimbs as he said it, tone casual and gaze drifting somewhere past Aditya. It was slightly teasing, and maybe a little bit for shock value; a playful grin broke his deadpan expression after a beat. Cultural differences, I guess. I'd better really go, now— He swallowed, expression growing serious again. I hope... I hope everything works out for you.
Messages In This Thread
and leave you like they left me here - by Alarian - June 28, 2018, 08:27 PM
RE: and leave you like they left me here - by Aditya - June 29, 2018, 01:44 AM
RE: and leave you like they left me here - by Alarian - June 29, 2018, 02:00 AM
RE: and leave you like they left me here - by Aditya - June 29, 2018, 02:17 AM
RE: and leave you like they left me here - by Alarian - June 29, 2018, 02:43 AM
RE: and leave you like they left me here - by Aditya - June 29, 2018, 02:53 AM
RE: and leave you like they left me here - by Alarian - June 29, 2018, 03:07 AM
RE: and leave you like they left me here - by Aditya - June 29, 2018, 03:18 AM
RE: and leave you like they left me here - by Alarian - June 29, 2018, 03:34 AM
RE: and leave you like they left me here - by Aditya - June 29, 2018, 03:51 AM
RE: and leave you like they left me here - by Alarian - June 29, 2018, 04:11 AM