Heron Lake Plateau A shadow moves, a renegade, all broken and bright.
1,002 Posts
Ooc — Houkie
Midwife
Master Medic
After getting Caiaphas and her family settled in, Raven made her way back to her densite with haste, worry nagging at her over the condition of her sister and Niamh. She had only gotten the most basic information -- that Screech was dead -- but she needed to hear the rest. After checking in with @Quixote, who'd been on Dad DutyTM for the past hour, she emerged from the den and approached Towhee.

She had a sprained leg and an assortment of scratches on her back, and a quick examination revealed that Niamh had done a pretty decent job of cleaning them. She nevertheless cleaned them some more herself, her tongue washing out any dirt and hair that had accumulated since their initial cleaning. -"There isn't much I can do for a sprain, other than recommend that you take it easy until it heals,"- she said when she was finished dealing with the cuts. -"If it pains you too much, though, I do have something I can give you to help with that."-

Towhee asked about the puppies and Raven, with a glance back at the den and a soft sigh, shrugged a little uncertainly. -"They're doing okay, all things considered. Kite, though...I wonder. She's very shaky and unsteady on her feet. I fear Screech may have done some damage to her in the womb."- She looked solemnly at Towhee then, golden eyes meeting her sister's molten ember gaze and so full of gratitude that it suffused the rest of her demeanor and body language as well. -"Thank you,"- she told her, trusting that Towhee would know exactly what she meant.
Messages In This Thread
RE: A shadow moves, a renegade, all broken and bright. - by Raven - June 29, 2018, 08:49 PM