Heron Lake Plateau when the night is done, you’ll vanish in the sun
1,002 Posts
Ooc — Houkie
Midwife
Master Medic
Raven saw her mumble something, and though it was too quiet to be heard, her well-honed talent for lip-reading (thanks to ptero!) gave her the gist of what Ceara said. She felt a shard of shame pierce her heart. She should have been more understanding, more compassionate and validating of her packmate's sorrow. She realized in that moment that she was being an alpha, not a friend. And in a way, she was being selfish too. She was so focused on her own feelings toward Tuathal that she was blinding herself to Ceara's.

She sighed, then, and some of the tension and authority eased out of her body language. She closed her eyes for a moment, and when she opened them again, the love and warmth that were so familiar to those who knew her well shone in their amber depths again. "I'm sorry, it's just been a weird few days for me. A weird month, to be honest. But I hate that he left you like this," she commented, her voice soft. She stepped forward and touched her nose beneath Ceara's chin, a gesture of friendship as gentle as the brush of a feather. "It breaks my heart to see you so sad all the time."
Messages In This Thread
RE: when the night is done, you’ll vanish in the sun - by Raven - July 29, 2018, 11:52 PM