The Sunspire love, oh lord, my love
558 Posts
Ooc —
Master Therapist

She didn't believe herself capable of cruelty until now.

He didn't tell her he loved her, too.  He didn't even tell her he couldn't go with her.  Just as quickly as he had once torn down her walls she scrambled to force them back up, but his words were able to hit her before she could manage.  

She wanted to argue with him.  She wanted to throw it in his face just as he had done to her. I'm not keeping them from you, she thinks with a flush of indignation, but she cannot say anything out loud.  This was the biggest and bravest and most selfless thing she had ever done.  She could've remained blind to the plight they'd forced upon the wolves of Sunspire to have her happy little family.  Truly, it was more than anything else she'd ever wanted.

But of course he couldn't see it that way.  Men, they never did.  If she were stronger she wouldn't let him see her cry, but she couldn't help the way his words twisted inside her heart.  Her quaking legs threatened to buckle from beneath her as her chest tightened and his words combined with the words of @Mato as they banged around in her head.

Was this what she had done to him?

Her watered eyes flicked to her husband's face, which was inscrutable and cold.  A second, biting thought came to her then.  He was more like Mato than she had ever known.  She forces herself to swallow before she shakily tells him, I still love you, and then she turns tail and runs to @Olive before the full panic sets in.

[Image: 70c0c50922211f79c19a9fbb2dbe797a.png]

Messages In This Thread
love, oh lord, my love - by Seabreeze - August 05, 2018, 09:30 PM
RE: love, oh lord, my love - by Terance - August 07, 2018, 08:38 AM
RE: love, oh lord, my love - by Seabreeze - August 12, 2018, 11:58 AM
RE: love, oh lord, my love - by Terance - August 13, 2018, 08:29 PM
RE: love, oh lord, my love - by Seabreeze - August 26, 2018, 07:41 PM
RE: love, oh lord, my love - by Terance - August 26, 2018, 09:03 PM
RE: love, oh lord, my love - by Seabreeze - August 26, 2018, 09:15 PM
RE: love, oh lord, my love - by Terance - August 26, 2018, 09:25 PM