Broken Boulder the first time ever i saw your face
1,293 Posts
Ooc —
Well β€” it's not the most enthusiastic response, but he can't blame her. He hasn't forgotten how he'd pushed her away, but maybe... well, maybe he can start to fix that. All that's happened between them may loom forever, but he still remembers the deep affection he'd felt for her before it all; it's still there, he knows, but muted now by the tension in their friendship.
He takes a breath. Well β€” it's a really long story, and it's complicated, and I don't know if I can tell all of it right now β€” but I can try to give you a good picture of it. At least, what's relevant β€” which is an unfortunate amount.
Runion was my littermate β€” and my father raised him, mostly. My father was... asshole is an understatement. Evil seems too dramatic, but β€” maybe. Anyway, he β€” decided he didn't approve of something Zamael was doing. So he tried to kill him, He pauses, disliking the way the words feel on his tongue β€” suddenly he's a little nauseous. And then he did kill someone β€” and Zamael left. And I killed our father.
Scratch that, very nauseous. And then I left. So β€” Runion wanted me dead. But he stayed, I guess, and he β€” He shakes his head, looking away. His voice drops to a near-whisper; he doesn't think he can speak the words any louder. He raped our mother. There were β€” are kids. And she β€” she couldn't handle it.
He closes his eyes and takes a deep breath. For several moments, he's silent, and when he speaks again his voice is stronger, more level now. So Runion took off, I guess. Went looking for me. After I ran into him the first time, I found out β€” he did more than what I've told you, but it's not my place to tell those things.
That's all of it, isn't it? He opens his eyes slowly and glances back to Lily, his own expression anxious as he searches hers. So that's, uh, why I killed him.
Messages In This Thread
the first time ever i saw your face - by Lily - August 06, 2018, 12:30 AM
RE: the first time ever i saw your face - by Alarian - August 06, 2018, 12:57 AM
RE: the first time ever i saw your face - by Lily - August 13, 2018, 12:45 AM
RE: the first time ever i saw your face - by Alarian - August 23, 2018, 11:43 PM
RE: the first time ever i saw your face - by Lily - August 26, 2018, 01:29 PM
RE: the first time ever i saw your face - by Alarian - September 07, 2018, 03:48 PM
RE: the first time ever i saw your face - by Lily - September 11, 2018, 10:02 PM
RE: the first time ever i saw your face - by Alarian - September 12, 2018, 12:12 PM
RE: the first time ever i saw your face - by Lily - September 13, 2018, 09:16 PM