Heron Lake Plateau I'm a police officer. I'm a police officer and I want a cup of tea.
612 Posts
Ooc — Jennifer
Y helo thar pupparoos!  Come play and things! :P @Owen @Kite @Phoebe @Vasa

With everything that had happened, he'd honestly forgotten about the deer antler he'd buried upon arriving at the plateau.  Kind of silly on his part, but fortunately Quixote remembered where it was, dug it up -- even took the time to wash it off -- and had brought it back with him to the den to give to the pups.  It wasn't a particularly big antler, just three points to it, but he'd hauled it all this way and the kids would probably have more fun with it than he would, at this point.  Okay, it had a few teeth marks on it, but it was in pretty good shape considering it was carried halfway across the map and buried for a few months...

Anyway, the guard changeover happened while the pups were napping and since they were a bit larger now, Quixote was okay flopping down in the mottled shade of a bush to wait for them to wake up and come investigate.  Knowing how things went, that'd probably be pretty soon if they weren't already waking just from the fact Raven had headed off to stretch her legs a bit.  The antler, though?  He left it tantalizingly silhouetted a few feet beyond the threshold of the den, awaiting the attack of tiny teeth.
Messages In This Thread
I'm a police officer. I'm a police officer and I want a cup of tea. - by Quixote - August 10, 2018, 02:20 AM